Book Weight Cracking...

kdw75

We have been trying to find a way to quickly crease and fold brochures, with black solids across the folds. The stock for these projects is 100# matte text.

So far we have tried using the Tri-Creasers, but they have only lessened the cracking. The only thing that seems to work, so far, is using a matrix on our Cylinder press, which is slower to set-up and run. We are going to try some more brands of stock, before giving up on using the Tri-Creasers.

The Tri-Creasers work fantastically on cover weight stocks.

I'm new here, first post, but I've been in the industry since '87. Hence the name.

The matrix creasing on the cylinder press is the right direction. You just need something automated.

The Horizon CRF-362 that markhunt suggests would be a great choice as I have always been impressed with Horizon machinery of any type. I'm looking forward to seeing the CRA-36 as soon as one lands near me.

I have much hands on time with other auto set up matrix blade type machinery and it is absolutely faster than what your current process is now.

Last edited:
technifold hands down.

As a follow up, I wanted to say that we now have the Technifold Tri-Creasers working perfectly. Apparently they were using them without removing the ejecting rollers, which meant the tri-creasers weren't able to crease as deeply. After fixing that, they are working great.

I wouldn't remove them but instead purchase 4 of the correct foam rollers for the top. That way you still have control of the sheet as it exits the unit. If not, you are relying on the score to steer, transfer, and score all in one. Risky for me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back