break away solid test sheetfed

robb

I understand the theory, and can imagine how to do this test, but I would love to see the steps explained by someone who knows how to do it properly and well.

your friend and mine,
Rob

It's my understanding that your roll up a dry solid and then as you print them you reduce the impression until it "breaks away" and you can see any low spots in the impression cylinder . .. if I'm mistaken let me know . . . .

Dabob is correct, start at normal print pressure, run however many sheets you care to, and back away pressures in .1mm increments. Given blanket is in good condition, this will show if there are low spots in plate...blanket....or impression cylinders. If image breaks up inconsistently, cylinders may have to be indicated to determine extent and location of damage

Neglected to mention that if image is broken up on one side or another from lead to tail, it may only be a bearer pressure adjustment that is required.

Rob it should go without saying but Ill say it anyway. Be sure to use the maximum sized sheet the press will accept and in addition to the breakaway solids you want to do a visual inspection of all the cylinders without plates or blankets installed. A smash on one of the cylinders can be made to temporarily pass a breakaway solid test with the right amount of epoxy and sanding.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back