BW inkjet envelope printer

QwazST

Know about the Postmark 1170 rapidcolor and iJets 1175, but was wondering if there is a black-and-white option out there? Have a customer looking for one. We’re considering the Formax AP3 but my concern is your ability. Have you dealt with a ColorMax8 and it seems when it gets into higher production. They seem to run into longevity issues. So wanted to see what anybody recommended out there might have to talk to customer into a color unit, but wanted to put a feeler out here.

Know about the Postmark 1170 rapidcolor and iJets 1175, but was wondering if there is a black-and-white option out there? Have a customer looking for one. We’re considering the Formax AP3 but my concern is your ability. Have you dealt with a ColorMax8 and it seems when it gets into higher production. They seem to run into longevity issues. So wanted to see what anybody recommended out there might have to talk to customer into a color unit, but wanted to put a feeler out here.
I'm interested if you can elaborate on this.
We are also tentatively looking at memjet solutions and am interested in this along with any running cost data based on real use, particularly print head life (IIRC the 70,400 nozzle head is around a grand a pop...)
Presumably BW is no more expensive on these color memjets than on a BW only memjet (provided the job is set correctly for K-only)?

What are you looking to print? You have options in Black only, the cheapest would be HP45 cartridge based solutions like the AP3, but if you will be printing HQ graphics they are not the best fit as you will have gaps in between the cartridges.

This will give you an idea of what MCS can do, not sure it would be the right fit for a reseller but talk to them:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back