C6501 - Blurry Text (Misregistered)

resolute

I am battling a problem that has persisted for over 2 months now. We have a misregistration that is causing blurry text and seems to be mostly in the magenta. For example if I try to print blue text (100/70/0/0) the text will be fine in some places on the sheet - but blurry in other places - sort of looks like a magenta drop shadow. I looks to be about 2 pixels off. The technicians have replaced lasers, belts but have made no progress in resolving the problem. They are thinking about changing the main image control board - but are trying to explore other options as this is a rather expensive part.

I am hoping that someone else has had this problem and found a solution. We have not changed stock in the 2 years that we have had the machine... and until 2 months ago, did not have this problem.

Any advise or suggestions greatly appreciated.

We have not changed stock in the 2 years that we have had the machine... and until 2 months ago, did not have this problem.

:)
I just loooove this!
From what I read and understand, you have storage of lets say tons of paper in the backyard?
And like I love to hear it again and again : " We have not changed stock in the 2 years that we have had the machine... and until 2 months ago, did not have this problem."
This is just classic! :)
Good luck with resoving the problem.

um, no, i think they're saying they've been using the same stock for two years, as in "using the brand, coating and weight."

so essentially, one of the variables that might be causing an issue is actually a constant. now, it's possible that's a bad batch of paper, but it sounds more like a technical issue rather than a paper stock issue.

I had this problem on two of my 6500s, and both times the image control board was the resolution. Basically the four different colors are not laying up on the sheet right, causing one to be slightly misregistered with the others. Oddly enough, both times I had that problem....it was magenta...maybe it's a common issue.

sorry that I was not clear... not it is not the same stock for 2 years -- we are using Carolina C2S 12PT. Since this problem has started - we have also tried Productolith 12PT C2S, Xerox 110# Gloss Cover, Titan Gloss Cover 111#, etc. etc. Its not a paper problem is what I was suggesting...
Image Control Board is what everyone has come back with -- thank you JayDA - for mentioning that you have had this problem... and with the magenta.

Had the same problem with my xerox 240, it was the ros. A imaging unit or laser that projects to the transfer belt that lays down and registers the color(s). Yeah expensive, but so was having the machine down:(

If you post a scan it will in a great help.
The problem that you describe sounds like "color to color misregistration".
Usually this is caused by stiff paper that "kicks" the Transfer belt during image being prccesed. It may be casued by many other also. Like ICB, worn drives, bad laser and so on. Tell your tech to try adjusting the fuser motor speed, this may help you a bit.

Check here CQ color shifting c6500
Good luck.

with regards to the image control board - my tech has come back with 2 boards that he shows... image memory control board and image processing control board. I assume its the processing board but if someone can confirm...

I had the exact same problem with magenta offset, and mine is brand new - just installed last week!

The tech came out and although we can do onboard registration adjustment, he said that it's about 50% of what he's able to do through his laptop registration adjustment. So he was able to just hook up his laptop and get it corrected, no problema!

Ive asked my tech regarding a manual color registration adjustment -- however, he stated that it is no longer in his service manual - and that it doesn't work. Can someone post the instructions on how to do the complete manual registration process so that it can be done successfully. Thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back