C85 processor..... pump now runs continuously

Boneck

Any ideas on troubleshooting what relay may be out on the Glunz and Jensen C85 processor? As soon as you turn the unit on... the pump now runs continuously. Any thoughts?
Thanks,

Boneck,

What is the exact model name on the the name plate of the processor. On most G&J plate processor the pumps will turn on when powered up to fill tanks to proper level. If they are staying on, check your level sensor.

STSTech

It is a G&J C85 processor.... can you tell me where the level sensor is located?

thanks,
Boneck

I have not yet... been shutting it down when not plating.... did not get a chance to troubleshoot the fill sensor yet.

G&J C85 washout unit is an open drain-spraybar system, so there is only one level sensor -> inside the gum jug. It will stop the circulation pump, if that jug is empty, to prevent the pump damage.
If it's not an Input Sensor activated all time, so the problem is in the HPU board (High Power Unit).
I guess that's broken (has a short cut inside) symistor Q413 (BTA 16 type) or something in its managing circuit over "gate" pin.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back