Can anyone ....

Ok, i got the press together. I am having a problem getting te image from the blanket cylinder to the impression cylinder. The paper feeds well but the image will only print every few sheets and then only on one side. Please help me the press has been doa for over a month and i am running out of money. Please help!!!!

Hello Robert,
Korntucky sounds like a fun place. Did you have the skills to install the CD and time it etc? Do you have the service manual?
Yes Sir, the CD is back on and operating. The problem now is that I am having trouble getting the image from the blanket cylinder to the sheet. I went all old school and put packing under the blanket and now it will print sheets. there is a problem with the leveling of the print and the latch lever keeps popping loose. Any help appreciated. Thanks Robert Carter.

Do you have the service manual????? to show you how to set the level of the master and impression cylinder to the blanket? With the eccentric's? The blanket is fixed and the plate and impression cylinder pivot to make contact.

Do you have the service manual????? to show you how to set the level of the master and impression cylinder to the blanket? With the eccentric's? The blanket is fixed and the plate and impression cylinder pivot to make contact.
I have the manual. I was told that I had to drop the impression cylinder in order to get it back in time. I think that's where my problem lays. the arm that is attached to the NON op side is out of adjustment since I took it off to drop the cylinder. I really appreciate you helping me sir. The Lord will bless u for helping others.

Please follow this picture you may have to turn the shaft to meet the adjustment.

Attachments

• 3200.jpg
    3200.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 150
I made the adjustment and when I print, there are blank spots that move around on the sheet. I can't figure out how to get them in adjustment.

Robert,
With a good blanket on the press and no packing, place a plate on the plate cylinder and ink it solid. By using the link and lever in the jpeg I sent you, Pivot the cylinder shaft and lock those together as shown in the jpeg. This will give you an ink bead to the blanket, the same as you would do for checking your ink forms to the plate. Do it at 3 places on the blanket, head middle and tail. Your goal is to view a clean ink stripe from plate to blanket. I like 5/32” to no more than a 3/16”
Next ink your blanket solid and repeat the above procedure using the impression cylinder shaft, Place a sheet of 20lb. paper between the impression cylinder and blanket and take a stripe, have the dial in auto. I like 3/16” to 1/4" there.
I would assume you do not have the Ryobi clearance gauges but this method will work. Keep it simple and read the manual. The plate cylinder pivots down to the blanket and the impression cylinder pivots up your goal is to lock the shafts with proper pressure to print.

One last thing make sure you rotate the machine with the hand wheel to check the stripes. When you are pulling stripes unplug the machine also if you are not a tech.

Would you possibly have time to help me with the problem over the phone? I have a problem understanding written directions and do MUCH better when directions are told to me. Thanks Robert Carter. :)

In the previous message you said it prints on the operator side. So what do you mean it won't go on impression?

Al

I'm a mess dude I have been fighting this press all day. I think that I have the pressure even on both sides but with the impression knob at max pressure, it barely makes a ghost image. Help me please the jobs are piling up. Thanks Robert

Last edited:
Do you really have the the cylinder latches in the condition of the graphic posted by smalloffsetpressexperts in the. 08-29-2013, 03:06 PM message?

Pay particular attention to the alignment dots for each of the shafts in those diagrams. Does your machine have those dots: yes or no?

As to the faint ghost image, is this on the printed stock or on the blanket??? You first need to get a good even image on the blanket, and later on the paper. Tackle these one at a time. And try to post more complete information: I should not have needed to ask if the weak transfer is to the blanket or to the paper.

Al

If the image on the blanket is good, then concentrate now on the transfer to the paper. On the RIGTH hand the graphic posted by smalloffsetpressexperts in the. 08-29-2013, 03:06 PM message the punch mark on the shaft is at the 9 o'clock position when the latch is engaged. Is that what you have? If not. then make it so that you get the punch mark on the shaft at the 9 o'clock position when the latch is engaged. Then test the print. If the punch mark had not been at 9 o'clock, please mention that so that we get a sense of what's going on over there.

Al

Last edited:
I did call this person and left a message. His profile has a company name to which I called.
Thanks Al for trying to help him also. Just simple ink stripes to the cylinders would put the problem behind him.
I mean if the guy could figure out how to remove a CD and can not grasp how checking stripes is easy. I give up. I think he may have moved the machine and needed to remove the CD.
Any way Robert Good Luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back