Canon 7010 VP Printing Help

gg2017

I just had the 7010 Installed today. My training won't be here for another week. I have a job that needs to print on stipple paper. In Fiery CWS5 in the paper catalog, stipple finish is an option for the paper but when I select it I get an error that says "Server synchronization failed". On the paper catalog on the Canon, it is not an option. Does this just mean I'm out of luck? I tried printing it on any settings available to me and it doesn't look too good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just had the 7010 Installed today. My training won't be here for another week. I have a job that needs to print on stipple paper. In Fiery CWS5 in the paper catalog, stipple finish is an option for the paper but when I select it I get an error that says "Server synchronization failed". On the paper catalog on the Canon, it is not an option. Does this just mean I'm out of luck? I tried printing it on any settings available to me and it doesn't look too good. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not all settings in the paper catalog work. Some settings work correctly on Canon while others may actually work on a different manufacturer. Unfortunately, they dont grey out the ones that dont function corretly. My suggestion would be to create a custom paper type in the media catalog with as many settings as you can to reflect the stipple paper.

amw18 is right. A fiery is generally a fiery, despite some of the differences between equipment manufacturers (though there are some exceptions).

Creating a custom paper type on the engine as suggested would be your best bet. You'd want to increase the secondary transfer voltage to pull more toner down into the textured areas of the paper.

While you're waiting for your training, you should ask your dealer or local canon rep to get you the engine user manual and their media compatibility guide. These would show you the steps to setting up custom media and tweaking the settings!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back