Canon c6000VP

TERRIBLE. Ours is down 20% of the time. Mostly because of so few service techs. The rip (A3100) can't multitask even though they sell it to you as a workstation. The experience has been horrible. We are in Miami i can only image how bad or long it takes to service these in smaller markets. Color isn't consistent and from what I've see the unit is no dependable at all. :mad:

That sounds more like the service provider and operator issues to me rather than the device itself. These devcices if serviced correctly and installed into a suitable environment and you pay for a decent operator will be a very good piece of equipment.

That sounds more like the service provider and operator issues to me rather than the device itself. These devcices if serviced correctly and installed into a suitable environment and you pay for a decent operator will be a very good piece of equipment.

right. Canon machines are the best. They should be in everyone's shortlist, in the past, now and in the future. Hi five benny!

I have nothing against Canon machines. My reply is directed to all of your posts in the forum.

Are you serious? Canon USA is the service provider we don't skimp on that or on a "decent" operator. After 2 years of installation the c6000VP has been as I described it, terrible.

As a department head I'm tasked with over seeing production amongst others. I found this thread doing a search as I'm frustrated with this expensive boat anchor. I figured I'd chime in to share my experience and I've certainly no reason to be anything but truthful.

Your comment made me think you might be an employee. I just looked at your profile. I wasn't surprised. I understand you affiliation with Cannon would lead you to defend your product whenever possible, but you might change your screen name to something like CannonFanBoy@Corporate as someone might mistake you for being impartial. Some of us here might just be depending on a reliable machine for our livelihood.

I have C6000VP from 2008
I did 3.000.000 copies
I am from Italy
But I do not recommend this printer if your job is based on continuing printing, because you have to call the canon tech any moment, you cannot schedule seriously your print job, because in any moment this machine can stop, with the error number E0000?? ??? ??? and you cannot do anything about.
When the printer goes in error, you cannot do anything, you have to wait for tech.
The quality of the printer is one of the best in the market, maybe now the new Konica C8000 goes very near in quality
This printer is very delicate, can stop in any moment without reason
Canon said the new model C6010 resolve many problem, but I do not now if is true.
One thinks, this is very important, when you turn off your printer, do not switch off immediately but wait the normal shutdown that will take between 30 and 60 minutes
I force the shutdown for 2 years and this was the major problem for my printer, this printer nedd to shutdown with normal procedure do not force it.
The Canon Tech always shutdown my printer in force mode, and they never told me to do in normal way, but a Konica Minolta Tech told me to not force the shutdown (I have also a Konica Minolta printer), and from that day the printer is better
Anyway, If I go back to 2008 maybe I will get this machine again, because at that time was the only printer that could replace offset printing for quality
Now in 2011 there are many company, like Xerox and Konica, that have quite good machine, but I do not have experience on that
Only with experience you can judge a product
I am looking for a backup printer, and maybe I will get a new Xerox 560 or a Konica c7000, I am investigating about this 2 printer
Mario

There is no way the Canon 6010/7010 reliability has improved other than removing one web that had to be replaced every 85K. The fixing units are identical, and that is 60-70% of service calls, if you run variable media. Like mentioned in other threads, the rollers are not designed to handle the heavy media, and the 6010/7010 is now supposed to handle 330gsm...NO WAY is there going to be improvement.
With the ITB web gone, than maybe less wear on the ITB, but cleaning is suspect, and always has due to Canon thinking augers with no vacuum does the trick. Any air movement causes toner to drift and soil the coronas/rollers etc.

Some information you may have missed

Some information you may have missed

FYI, the airflow for the device has been improved big time, the developer assemblies are completely new, itb cleaning was improved on the c7000 series and is not an issue on the c7010 series, what I understand from my tech is that the service mode has changed to keep the fuser rollers life up and we will trial some new rollers later, the new limit is 350gsm which has not caused any issues that I know of, we now have primary grid cleaners we don't see the tech for weeks now when before he had his own cup and parking space:)
This is only my experience so far.

Again, when they are "new" they tend to run at peak, but wait a few 100k, then see the results. I worked on them for 3 years, and I say there is no changes in service mode that are going to fix the inherent problems in the fixing unit. The corrected air-flow in the process unit is still suspect. They did change a sensor position that was aproblem mounted on the dev unit, so that is a density issue that should be improved.

Again, the more different sized media, the more often the 2nd fix unit needs rollers replaced. At install of a 7010 in showroom for Canon Business Solutions, the rollers were replaced 5 or 6 times in the first 20K. Certainly a showroom machine needs to be kept at "peak" efficiency, but it was a red flag to service techs who expected to see improvement. The grid cleaners are also new, and may help increase the life of a grid which was supposed to last 200k, but never came to close to 20k in a color critical environment.

The best use of a 6000/7000/6010/7010 is in-house, where only one or two high volume uses are run, then the user gets maximun performance. And if you dont run heavy (>150gsm) or gloss, you will rarely need service on fix units.

Thanks for sharing your experience. From how many days you are using c7010 and how many prints you have taken and how many times service engineer has visited. I am considering Canon C6010/7010 and Ricoh c901. The above info will help me.Thanks.
Salecha

FYI, the airflow for the device has been improved big time, the developer assemblies are completely new, itb cleaning was improved on the c7000 series and is not an issue on the c7010 series, what I understand from my tech is that the service mode has changed to keep the fuser rollers life up and we will trial some new rollers later, the new limit is 350gsm which has not caused any issues that I know of, we now have primary grid cleaners we don't see the tech for weeks now when before he had his own cup and parking space:)
This is only my experience so far.

I vote Canon, very bad experience with Ricoh as a company and whatever you do stay away from Milner. Neither of them are allowed in our shop again.

If you go for the bigger machines, stay away from HP Indigo. They have the nicest printes but if you get busy your going to be spending exhorbadant amounts of time on maintenance. And when you go down, if its a part, your down for at least the day ... unless you want to pay $ to store inventory of extra parts (that are free when you order at the time they break).

IGEN 4 High on my list of good machines and excellent service. Kodak also excellent.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back