Canon C7000 with EFI Rip - Imposition Problems

Does anyone have experience with the EFI A3000 RIP? Most of the time it works well, but sometimes when I have a complicated file it will process fine if it is set for 1 up imposition, but when it is set for 2 or more up the imposed PDF that it creates have lines through it, or sections of the image that are missing or duplicated.

Re: Canon C7000 with EFI Rip - Imposition Problems

Impose does have some bugs but I have not experienced anything like what you are describing. Is this is transparency issue instead?

It is definitely not a transparency issue. It happens whether I send 1.3 flattened PDF's or postscript. Are you a Canon C7000 user? I don't know any others and it would be good to have someone to exchange ideas and experiences with.

Are you using hotfolders or are you imposing once the file has already been ripped to the A3000?

I have been using Hotfolders and haven't run into any problems yet.

It has been after the file has been sent to the A3000. I use hotfolders a lot too, but I find that they don't work when I'm sending a big file, anything over about 30mb.

in my experience, these are usually caused by drop shadows. similarly to the print world, most printers will tell you to stay away from grads, drop shadows and the like. unless you flatten your files first, then this problem will surely occur. try deleting them or flattening first (output to jpg or tif) and it should solve your problems.

We're having similar issues putting our PPML capacity to effective use.

We've got Gutters showing up in the Impose GUI wherever we set them, but never on the output media when printing.

We also have problems printing 2-UP, 3-UP, 4-UP or MORE-UP projects. We'd set our Bleeds and Gutters and they'd look fine onscreen in Impose, but when we hit the "green button"- Crop Marks, Bleeds, Gutters etc. print wherever they feel like.

It used to be that we could Impose and Print via PPML on one of our C7000VPs (A3100- we got them a year apart) - on the latter acquired and moreso "updated" of the two, then transfer the Imposed file over to the other (A3000-the former acquired machine) and everything would run smoothly.

So, a natural solution seemed to present itself: if we updated the software of the former A3000 to match the latter, the problem would be solved...
However, since we've gotten the former (A3000) updated to match the latter (A3100) ... both now have the problem.

Apparently, Canon has quite a number of open tickets with this problem as the focal point...they just seem to be dragging their feet on the issue.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back