Canon Imagepress C1+ Help please!

Needlotsofhelp

So we just got this printer about 3 weeks ago. I must say I am impressed. So far almost everything has gone perfect and above and beyond my expectations!

The almost in that with certain images that we print (we use PCs with illustrator mainly), it just hangs on the imagepress server and says processing. Takes roughly 30 minutes to spool to the printer. It doesn't seem like the program since we can print to other printers fine with the same file. I cannot figure out why. It only seems to happen on certain large images but not that large. Like 20mb.

Anyone ever seen this? Or how can I get it to print the postscript error page for the RIP as it is spooling?

Thanks!

Hi, glad to hear your feedback thus far!

Are you printing natively from your design applications, or are you creating a PDF or anything first?

Also, are these files 4-color process or are you using the clear toner as well?

Thanks for your response!

We are printing straight from our design apps such as illustrator and not creating a pdf first. We are just using the 4 color process. We do not use the clear toner.

Fiery vs. Canon controller

Fiery vs. Canon controller

Which print controller do you have and have you flattened the layers before printing?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back