Canon W7200 printhead error

Angie

I sure hope someone out here can help me. We are running a Canon W7200 impo proofer and on printer 2 there is an error that just says "Printhead error! Turn power off!!" Of course the manual is of no use so I figured I would just go through the motions of replacing the print head and put the original one back in. Here lies the dilemma: with the error on the screen you cannot access the main menu for maintenance. It does no good to turn it off and back on because the error just comes right back after initialization. Even if I had a new printhead on hand I would be in the same boat. Any thoughts?????

Hi Angie,
I think you can pass the error message by going to the service menu when "booting" the printer. I dont have the manual but I am pretty sure that you find it if you google service mode canon w7200.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back