Challenge Champion 305 CUTTER PROBLEM ??

PrintingFools

Everyone has been great helping us on this forum...now i hope someone can tell us what can fix our cutter.
Challenge Champion 305 CUTTER PROBLEM
It just gets stuck for no reason. Maybe you can do 3 cuts then the clamp and the blade come down for the forth cut....but wont go back up.

Is it a setting or program issue???
A oil issue??
What could it be???

Our bindery employee just keeps trying the bottons to send the blade up and down about 5 times..eventually it will come back up, but when we closed today, we still could not get it to go back up.

Thanks, B

Last edited:
Sounds like it may be a hydraulic problem. We had the same problem a couple of years ago on our 305 with (Vicars pump) and was informed that no parts were available for this system. Since it was not working anyway I pulled the pump off and found that a retainer for a small piston had broken and I found half of it in the oil tank. I took the retainer, pump, and tank to a local hydraulic shop and they made me a new retainer and put it all back together for less than $75.00. It still works good as new.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back