Challenge / Champion 305 Cutter - Slow Clamp Return

As you can see from the picture the clamp is stuck halfway down. I am wondering if any Bindery Gurus could help us determine what is causing the clamp to stick when returning to the "Up" position. We have greased the front and back of the vertical track that it slides on, greased all zerk fitting we can find, and the return spring appears to be free and in good shape. After lubing it up we can get through about 4 hours until it starts to not return again. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo7448.jpg
    photo7448.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 243
From the photo, it looks like one side is higher than the other. If so, it is probably binding. Follow the mechanics from the clamp cylinder to the clamp and check for excess play especially on the side that is low. There are links, one on each side that pull the clam down; check them for wear. When it stops, does the hydraulic clamp just stop or does it sound strained? Does the foot peddle operate when it is stuck. Investigate some more and let us know.

Hi sir
Hope you are well.
Need to look for this steps:
1)Clamp return spring defective
1a) Clamp cylinder seals worn
2. Pressure valve setting too low
3. Clamp not parallel to table
Let me know
Blessing
[email protected]
cell+WhatsApp: +50588611441

The lock nut that keeps the clamp level was loose and it was just getting worse and worse. I was able to level it out and it is working like a champ. Thanks fellas!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back