Change IP of CP2000 machine

naysan19

Hi there,

We have a Heidelberg SM102 with CP2000 (Ver. CP2_0.37.600) and Prinect Prepress Interface 3.4 set up to transfer CIP3 files over the network.

I recently changed our network subnet from 192.168.1.XXX to 10.44.1.XXX, the Prinect machine has had its IP changed but I'm struggling to change the IP of the CP2000 machine. I was able to change the PPF path in CP2000 using the touch screen, to point to the new IP of the Prinect machine but how do I set the IP of the machine running CP2000 Center itself? It doesn't look like there's a way using the touchscreen. I thought the easiest way would be to use a tool such as psexec to connect remotely and change the IP in a Windows NT command prompt window but I don't know the Username and Password for the machine, are these all the same?

Are there any other settings I need to change apart from the IP settings at the Windows OS level and the PPF path in CP2000 Center?

Thanks,
Naysan

Last edited:
IP config can be changed in service mode of CP2000.

Thanks for the reply, I've looked everywhere in service mode but can't find where the IP for the CP2000 is set. I have changed in PPF path under Service/Data Storage Configuration/Edit Configuration (see attached) but where is the CP2000 IP stored?

Thanks,
Naysan

Attachments

• After IP Change.jpg
    After IP Change.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 535
Too deep)) IP can be changed from the first screen of Service Mode. Make me th picture and I'lll tell you.

Service mode picture attached, I've probably just missed it somewhere! All the settings I changed were in Data Storage Management in the System column.

Attachments

• IMG_6766.JPG
    IMG_6766.JPG
    614.2 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
I have been trying to change the TCP/IP settings within Windows NT on the CP2000 machine but the user which auto logs in (OPI) doesn't have local admin permission to the machine so I can't change any settings.

The admin users on the computer are Administrator, hdmservice and Service - does anyone know the default passwords for these?

Thanks,
Naysan

I have been trying to change the TCP/IP settings within Windows NT on the CP2000 machine but the user which auto logs in (OPI) doesn't have local admin permission to the machine so I can't change any settings.

The admin users on the computer are Administrator, hdmservice and Service - does anyone know the default passwords for these?

Thanks,
Naysan

It's because you are trying to do something as standard user of CP 2000, NOT SERVICE. I will try to ask my client to make photos of screen of CP 2000 to show you.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I totally understand, I was trying to change the IP of the machine at the Windows OS level but then realised that I need the password of a local account that has admin permissions.

Are you are suggesting you can change it at the Application (CP2000 Center) level too? I appreciate the support!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back