Chem free plate systems

Print Manic

I am looking at Agfa's violet solution against their TS system. Does anyone have any views on the benefits of each system?

We switched to the Azura TS at the beginning of this year and we are very happy. We were running the LAP-V for over 6 years and had great results with them. We were wanting a "Greener" option. The only issue that we have found is that the Azura TS is a little more sensitive to scratches from other plates. The biggest plus for prepress is that processor/wash off machine maintenance now takes 30 min instead of 2-3 hours.

BillJ:

Indeed we have the widest choice of violet technologies on the market.

In this case, I believe Print Manic was asking about our new
:Azura V chem free plates recently launched at Ipex... a violet
photopolymer-based plate. This of course is not to be confused
with our thermally-sensitive :Azura TS plate. Both use a neutral
pH gum solution to clean-out prior to press.

AGFA.com - Agfa Graphics Launches new :Azura V Chemistry-free Plates at IPEX

Regards,

SteveAgfa made very good comment. I recommend both Agfa Systems( Azura & Polymer). I have been repairing Agfa Systems for a long time and customers are really happy even with Galileo 5mw laser on Lithostar LAP-V( Not the Polymer type).

I think you have to Consult StevenAgfa. He can be a good source of information for finding the right plate setter for you.

You can also contact me, if you need any help. [email protected], Home.

All the best and good luck.

Azura V

Azura V

"our new
:Azura V chem free plates recently launched at Ipex... a violet
photopolymer-based plate."

Steve,

Is this plate available in the USA? Who are the primary distributors? I currently sell the N91v and would like to test these on a 60mW Violet machine. I have plenty of converts who would love to run Chemfree if it were an option with their current systems which are either 60 or 90mW currently. The processors have a pre-bake and Developer bath as well as a water pre and post rinse and gum stage

Eric, Please send me more information. I can help you.

Do you have a Processor or the plates?

If you have pre baked processor with 60 mw laser, you are obviously looking for polymer violet plates.

This system( 60mw) Laser works on Lithostar plates, but you need different processors like LP-150 with Developer and finisher.

Regards,

Farshad

[email protected]

Help me how? I have polymer Violet plates, I have years of experience in this field. I don't need anything but Chemfree Azura V to see how they work on a 60mW Violet laser as compared to N91v IBF Million, Fuji LP-NV, Kodak News and so on. I've seen all those in multiple environments and know how it all works.

Avantra 44 Buckle film inside drum when loading

Avantra 44 Buckle film inside drum when loading

Hi Guys,

I have a random problem, the film is loaded till the end and just in the last second the machine is like jumping the supply roller and the take up roller to the inside direction the drum like tensioning back the film over the drum to seat but too much producing the film bucke inside the drum, its a small pulse.

I used the same Cassette and new Roll of films and in both A and B supply postions and it happens more often only in Cassette B.

I couldnt find the problem, the A is not doing that.
The B sometimes like 8 from 10.

I checked the tension in the supply cassttes, the film, the presion in both A - B supply rollers and modified it in different condition with more and less pressure on B also the checked the feed motor, exchanged the SDM, reloaded all the DEC - DSP and OCP software.

And still the same.

There is any specifica parameter to adjust the tensioning procedure t oseat the film on B and A separatelly ?

If nota Why on B is more often ? I got it only once in A from 100 times. (probaly miss handling in that case) so I assume A is perfect.

I checked take'up rollers and aslo loaded film with and without Bridge OLP option ( Online and with Take'up cassette)

Any help _ suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Adrian

Erick:

I'm a bit confused...

You currently sell these plates... are you a plate service bureau, or you are a distributor?
In either case, work with your local contact for roll-out opportunities in your area.

I believe John is your local contact.

Regards,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back