Click Charges

rsands

I know this is private info for a company but what would people call reasonable for a DC250 colour click charge to be coming in at? and the new xerox 700?

We had a 'reasonable' proposal for a 700 at a hair under the 5 cent mark. I would certainly not go much higher for that machine until it has some track record. Never looked at a 250, so can't comment.

From your description (a DC250) it may be that this is a second user or refurb machine and it's therefore likely to be coming from a reseller. If that's the case, I *think* that 7p is probably around the going rate for a nil commitment contract. If you were to buy a brand new 262, especially with a volume commitment, I'd expect it to be a bit cheaper than that.

A 700 will be a little bit cheaper again per click and you may be able to get it under 5p - but you will need a volume commitment. If that's gibberish jargon, ask your rep to break it down for you. Basically, if you commit to say 100K colour clicks per quarter, you'll get a better rate than if you can't commit to any volume. If you're starting out, it makes sense to go on a nil commitment and then move to a volume contract once you've built up some reliable volume. Just make sure you get the price/volume breaks in writing (and the basis for price increases). And make sure you count your fingers after you shake hands on the deal.

Hope that helps.

Don't know if this is relevant or not but I pay 8.9 cents (Canadian) per 11 x 17 colour, and .0125 cents (Canadian) per 11 x 17 black from a Xerox 242.

Yes, in my case, the click charge is for all service, parts and toner.

What is your monthly volume / commitment?
Pricing in Europe are quite higher, we used to pay 0,16 usd per click on dc250 with a low (5000 prints monthly) commitment.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back