Cockpit with Snow Leopard

zoran

Does anyone know if Cockpit on 4 or 4.5 is compatible and works with Snow Leopard, including Acrobat plugins?

Officially all I could get out of them even on the Print 09 floor was that it is "unsupported".

Bah, I'll have to test it to see.
Just because they don't support it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't work.
Thanks for info Ritter.

I installed 3.5 on Leopard well before it was "supported". My advice to anybody using PrintReady Cockpit or Prinect Cockpit (as it is now known) on a Mac (any OS) is to not use AFP and use SMB when mapping connections to Printready, MetaDimension, MetaShooter, etc. or any other Windows fileshare. SMB works faster and is more stable. In fact I disabled AFP protocols on the servers to prevent configuring using the protocol.

ADDENDUM
I just got done reading there are some issues with SMB in OS 10.6.0. Expect patches from Apple to fix these issues within the near term.

Last edited:
I installed 3.5 on Leopard well before it was "supported". My advice to anybody using PrintReady Cockpit or Prinect Cockpit (as it is now known) on a Mac (any OS) is to not use AFP and use SMB when mapping connections to Printready, MetaDimension, MetaShooter, etc. or any other Windows fileshare. SMB works faster and is more stable. In fact I disabled AFP protocols on the servers to prevent configuring using the protocol.

ADDENDUM
I just got done reading there are some issues with SMB in OS 10.7.0. Expect patches from Apple to fix these issues within the near term.

You must live in the future. 10.7 is not out yet. I'm sure you meant 10.6 =)

Apple released 10.6.1 a couple weeks after the initial release. It was the same bug they had in 10.5 with smb shares. You would think they got it right already. I would wait until about the third patch, it seems to be the sweet spot for Apple.

Good luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back