Color conversion in FusionPro

naplajoie2000

Have a weird problem, and being I am unfamiliar with FusionPro, it is causing me some grief. We are getting files from agency, some go direct to HP Indigo Press, others must me merged using FusionPro. First off, agency tells us it using same base files for both. What is happening, is the files we print direct are printing cmyk including the straight black type, which tells me the file is probably built rgb. However, the files we run through FusionPro are printing correctly, single color black text, and the background image is printing as a greyscale image, as it should. I cannot seem to find in FP where this is fixing their files, and how I can convince customer that their files are wrong and needs to be fixed on their side, not ours. They maintain that since some of their files print correctly, it must be our problem. Any suggestions?

What is happening, is the files we print direct are printing cmyk including the straight black type, which tells me the file is probably built rgb.

Nail down that issue first, if they are supplying files in RGB against your guidelines then you can either lay the problem at their feet, or decide if it's worth fixing before it goes to the target device. If you discover their files are set up correctly and it's not an RGB conversion issue in FusionPro, I'd go to the PTI forums for answers. They're a little "prickly" some times but it's a great resource at least.

When you say you're sending the files "directly" to the Indigo, are they PDFs or JLT format? I've seen some differences in the way the Indigo RIP treats the two formats, again depending on how the originating files are created. And when preparing in FusionPro, what format is going to the Indigo also? JLT, PPML, etc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back