Color issue with Ricoh 9100

I’m running into an issue running a Ricoh 9100. I’m running a 13x19” sheet. On the lead edge, the color is off. If I’m running the color red, the first 1 inch to 1.5 inch on the lead edge would be pink. The rest of the sheet runs fine. It’s only on the lead edge where the color is off.

We have a paper profile setup by copying one of the profiles that were stored in the library.

Im guessing this is a transfer issue or some sort but I can’t figure out which setting to adjust. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this?

My Ricoh rep just told me to "make changes to the transfer in advance settings one adjustment at a time until you get what you want."

Any ideas on what settings to adjust?

You need to adjust the paper transfer current on the lead edge. Under "Advanced Paper Settings" item #s 45 and 46 should be what you need to adjust. I used to have a copy of that bulletin but can't seem to find it. (Might have been stored on a Fiery that crashed a few years ago). Your tech should be able to send you a copy of the bulletin.

Thanks. I adjust those settings and improved the quality of the print. It's not completely resolved but it was good enough to finish up a job.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back