color management in pitstop

dcm

In pitstop 7.51 does color mangement in the preferences>color mangagement>enable color management> and the box is checked for color management, does this mean that when I do any action and save it that the file will be color managed according to the settings? Does that mean I could lose info in from the file, such as converting from cmyk to gray? I thought that we were not suppose to enable color management if we wanted to keep the saved file the same as the orginal, such as a 4/c graphic.

Your preferences for color management are indeed what is used when you apply a color change in Pitstop. Change the preferences and you change the color policies. If you want to preserve gray while using Pitstop to convert color, then be careful to not select gray objects. Pitstop can only modify objects that have been selected. If you only want to convert only PMS or RGB images to cmyk, then make an action that selects these types of objects [images, fills, strokes] , then convert to cmyk.

If you don't do anythning to "mess with color" then PitStop won't change any color. If you don't tag anything explicitly then nothing gets tagged. If you don't explicitly remove a tag then nothing gets untagged. If you do not explicity change color modes then nothing changes.

But! If you run a profile, action, global change, etc. that does change color then of course color will be changed. So pay attention...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back