Color management Press actual Press desired?

Lumpy

Hey all you fellow Rampagers,
Can someone explain Building curves and where to apply them (press actual, press desired)
Thanks.

When we did this we had someone come in to help us with the creation of the curves. They started out in the pressroom reading linear sheets. My understanding...though limited...is Actual represents what your press gain actually is...and Desired is used for what you want it to be. I had limited involvement with the whole process and was only present to help insert figures into Rampage, which were given to me by the gentleman who profiled our presses. Hope this helps a little.

It depends upon what you are trying to color manage. If you check out the Rampage CD that came with your system there are a number of documents on setting up color along with what info goes into the press actual and desired slots. Rampage has calibration strips on the CD as well as in the testfile folder inside the Rampage folder on your server. Depending upon what you wish to calibrate... you could use one of the files.
Good Luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back