Color Registration

I have a Xerox Versant 2100. I've been having trouble with a Versant 2100 and color registration. The colors are not lining up properly. You can see it most clearly when you do a Density Uniformity Adjustment, the colors do not line up on the edge. All the text has a blurry/ghosted look to it because the colors are not printing in-line with eachother. What can I do to address and fix this? 1st BTR Rollers? See the attached image.

Attachments

• ph2-2.jpg
    ph2-2.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 464
Have the MOB sensors been cleaned? Those are the ones under the left side of the drum developer housing drawer.

Do you have a service contract? I just had a similar problem on our Versant 80. The tech replaced a drive motor and shaft for the IBT (I believe).

I know this has been about 4 years since this issue was brought up, but I am having a similar Issue with our V180. Did you guys ever find a solution to the issue or why it was doing This? Mine seems to only be doing this with card stocks above 300gsm. Our tech seems to be completely stumped and Xerox's solution is to just run thinner paper, which for obvious reasons isn't a valid solution.

Sometimes this issue crops up and a simple restart will bring it back into alignment. I'm sure you have already tried that, but it's worth knowing color-to-color registration can be fixed that easily, sometimes.

Sometimes this issue crops up and a simple restart will bring it back into alignment. I'm sure you have already tried that, but it's worth knowing color-to-color registration can be fixed that easily, sometimes.
I wish ours was that simple. We've had our Tech out several times already to try to diagnose the issue. They've replaced the entire Transfer belt assembly, all the drum motors, the MOB sensor, and the High Voltage Power Supply/regulator and it's still happening. Sadly this has been going on for about a year now and they still can't pin down the issue and it's got us all stumped. I guess part of the problem in diagnosing it has been that it's not every single sheet as it goes in and out every so often throughout a cardstock job. Hopefully there was a resolution to OPs case that might help us with our current situation or at least point us in another direction we haven't thought of.

I wish ours was that simple. We've had our Tech out several times already to try to diagnose the issue. They've replaced the entire Transfer belt assembly, all the drum motors, the MOB sensor, and the High Voltage Power Supply/regulator and it's still happening. Sadly this has been going on for about a year now and they still can't pin down the issue and it's got us all stumped. I guess part of the problem in diagnosing it has been that it's not every single sheet as it goes in and out every so often throughout a cardstock job. Hopefully there was a resolution to OPs case that might help us with our current situation or at least point us in another direction we haven't thought of.
I had this issue on my Versant 280. It ended up being the wheel that rides on top of the fuser belt (heat belt encoder). For some odd reason, Xerox has this tide to the color registration or timing between the belt and fuser. In my case the tech cleaned off some crap that was being thrown up from a defective lower fuser roller. Fixed the problem of the colors not being aligned.

Not sure if your techs have looked at this but it may be worth a shot if nothing else has resolved it. It looks like this Heat Belt Encoder

I had this issue on my Versant 280. It ended up being the wheel that rides on top of the fuser belt (heat belt encoder). For some odd reason, Xerox has this tide to the color registration or timing between the belt and fuser. In my case the tech cleaned off some crap that was being thrown up from a defective lower fuser roller. Fixed the problem of the colors not being aligned.

Not sure if your techs have looked at this but it may be worth a shot if nothing else has resolved it. It looks like this Heat Belt Encoder
The tech has replaced the Fuser belt assembly but I don't remember that being replaced. I'll check that and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks for a point in a new direction.

Looks like a piece of our fuser is actually missing where that little wheel rides on the belt. Must have been like that for a while. We're replacing the fuser belt when the new one arrives and if that doesn't do it we'll look at replacing the Heat Belt Encoder Sensor and Heat Belt Encoder Assembly.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back