Color Toolbox

Vernon Roberts

I'm starting to use Color Toolbox for the first time. I'm trying to get our color management under control, etc. I have an X-Rite Eyeone iSis that I've used to measure an IT8.7-4 Random target that I've outputted from a proofer. I'm getting a few messages that I don't understand. The first is when I opened the measured data, and the other is when I try to create an ICC profile from it. Can someone help me understand this?

"Could not read usable paper white data from this file!"

"Invalid input values for analyzing color data!"

Paper White Problem.JPG

Profile Creation.JPG

Sounds to me like when you saved the file out, you used the wrong option, and the application can't parce the data.

I am not familiar with the software, however have you selected exactly the same chart in the software when attempting to measure back in? Do you also need to select a reference text file in addition to the chart?

Stephen Marsh

Hello Vernon,

From your screenshots I see that you have wrong measurements! First patch in IT8.7-4 Random is brown and second is almost black. In your screenshot you have first red and second pink...
Either you have measured the wrong chart (not IT8.7-4 Random) or you have it measured in wrong direction!

regards,
bebris

All of you guys are right, I had a support call in to Heidelberg about this. They told me all my charts were on the install disc. I didn't know what I was doing and created the chart in i1 Profiler, dialing in the specs for the chart until Color Toolbox would except it. It didn't workout. Now that I have the actual charts for the Eye-One isis, it all works correct.

I didn't get notification for all the post, only the first. I didn't know anyone had replied. Maybe need to change a setting? Thanks for your help. This place is a good resource.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back