Colorcal vs EF1000

kdw75

When it comes to keeping your machine calibrated is the EF1000 much better than using the scanner and Colorcal?

The reason I'm asking is that I am having bad results with my 560 and it's integrated Fiery. I was running a customer supplied PDF that was RGB and the greys were slightly reddish instead of being neutral. The xerox tech showed me how to calibrate using the scanner to read the test chart on gloss cover. The calibrated results were washed out and the colors were muted. I ended up reverting and living with the red tinged greys, but I need to fix this.

The colorcal mesures density to calibrate the machine. ES 1000 measures the actual color, so you will get more accurate results with the ES 1000. If u dont have the ES 1000 yet, order the ES-2000 instead.

The colorcal mesures density to calibrate the machine. ES 1000 measures the actual color, so you will get more accurate results with the ES 1000. If u dont have the ES 1000 yet, order the ES-2000 instead.

Ok. I will get one ordered.

Well it turns out that the problem was with the file in this case. I was paranoid that it was the printer and it turns out it was the customers file having the wrong profile attached. Once I fixed it the system is running fine and the colorcal calibration took out the excess magenta. I still went ahead and ordered the spectro though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back