ColorMunki vs i1 Display2

Tech

We are currently using i1 for monitor calibration and wondering if ColorMunki is worth the upgrade. It seems like a reasonable price for a monitor and printer calibrator. Does anyone have experience with the ColorMunki and recommend it?

The ColorMunki is a nice device that realy has it's advantages. I have tested it today (we are a X-Rite Dealer) and it realy is easy to work with. However, I would't "upgrade" your i1 Display if you only need it to calibrate your monitors. It doesn't add any value to do so.
If you realy want to be more proffesional, save the money and invest in an i1 Pro.

Have heard very good things about the ColorMunki. Have heard very bad things about the i1 Display.

It's not an "apples-to-apples" comparison, though. The ColorMunki gives you a whole bunch of capabilities that the i1 Display does not.

If it's just monitor calibration/profiling you're after, spend the $350 for the ColorEyes Display bundle. I have an i1 Pro, but I don't use it for monitors.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back