Cost of Prepress / (Master) Impression

curveto

I'm curious...

Any thoughts you care to share about your (or industry norms) for expected cost of prepress per (master / first only) impression?

Anicolour cost of prepress

Anicolour cost of prepress

Hello Curveto,
I was recently at an open day at Heidelberg in Brentford, Middlesex, England and they claimed that the on-press startup cost i.e. not including prepress on the computer and proofer; were £10.00 thats ten pounds British Sterling.
This was for four colour plates and one matt varnish plate. The all-over gloss varnish drops off or drips off of the matt varnish. This was plates and make ready for the substrate.
Regards minch.

As a former estimator that amount sounds really low. The number you are looking for is going to vary wildly printer to printer depending on the sophistication/lack of sophistication of the prepress department and the amount of jobs going through it. Higher job volume generally means less per job cost in prepress.

Example: A shop that does 500 plates per day is going to have a much lower per plate cost than a shop that does 50 plates per day.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back