CPC 1.03 job storage

Pressmanscooter

The tape drive on my console doesn't work. Does Heidelberg make a job card upgrade that I can replace the tape drive with?

Thanks

Scott

Hey Scooter - They did sell the upgrade up til a few years ago for sure. Certainly should still be available. Not cheap though, think they ran a bit over $3K.

if Heidelberg still sells the original cpc mylars you could perhaps use them to record your ink settings. Not sure if the spacing of the ink zones remain the same after close to 3 decades of cpc evolution. Ill bet junker would know the answer to that.

Cassette Tape Recorder Drive

Cassette Tape Recorder Drive

Hello gentlemen,

Would a bog standard "Cassette Tape Recorder" (Sony) not be suitable ?

Regards, Alois

See - Heidelberg CPC 1 - jpg

Attachments

• Heidelberg CPC 1312.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
We tried to retrofit a bog standard style but could not get it to work. This is over 13 years ago so my memory is fuzzy on what we did. Who knows? a good sparky might be able to sort it.

We bought the retrofit kit for the cards and had Heidelberg install. FWIW ours came with 4 cards, who knows what they come with now. I wish I had more info but that press is long gone... shipped off to India.

I'm sure Heidelberg still has the kit available $$$$

Mike

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back