Cracking of paper on cylinder

dazzapb

We have a cylinder, I don't have a massive amount of experience using it. When I cut out a capacity pocket I always get cracking on one of the creases. I have tried a capacity channel, running the paper the other way. I end up taking one of the creases off and doing the final crease by hand. Can anyone advise me where I am going wrong?

To get the proper crease, you need to have the correct female channel width, channel height, rule width and rule height. In most commercial printing and bindery applications, the rule width and height won't change (usually a 2pt) unless you're running very light or very heavy stocks. The female channel width and height however will change with almost every job, depending on the caliper and density of stock.

If you're new to this, you'll want to familiarize yourself with a couple of creasing matrix solutions: Shreiner Creasing Matrix [www.shreinerco.com] and Cito System [www.cito.de/en/GB/] With the right material, you should be able to quickly eliminate almost any cracking. Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back