Creating .imp files on a 5500/5600

RGPW17100

HP has given us a loaner HP 5600 until all of the issues are worked out on our 10000. I cant do impositions with smart stream because it creates .impp files instead of .imp. I downloaded imp creator and can create the imposition files and save them on the 5600 but they wont come up on the ticket templates. What is the best way to create an imposition file that will broadcast on the 5600. We dont use Quark and the smartstream systems for indesign 5.5 and greater wont create the correct imp file. I am trying to create 3 up 4 up and 6 up with bleed VDP files. Static files are not a problem

Get to reply to my own thread. Worked on the problem all day today and figured it out. I was moving the files into c-unicorn-import-impositions instead of administrative>rip impositions. After I figured that out it was just getting used to the imp software. Was able to do variable jobs without any issues.

Figured I would post this so if someone searches it they will be able to find this thread. It is a good feeling when you are doing something for the first time and actually figure it out and get it to work.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back