Cron thermal CTP??

Latest with CRON

Latest with CRON

Dear friends,

Is there any improvement with regards to Cron technology and it's quality?

What is the latest news regarding the UK company (Highwater) that distributes Cron CtP? Do they still carry the brand?

ARC

Dear friends,

Is there any improvement with regards to Cron technology and it's quality?

What is the latest news regarding the UK company (Highwater) that distributes Cron CtP? Do they still carry the brand?

ARC

Highwater is still selling the Cron unit, more info can be found HighWater CTP |. Crons technology and quality is always improving, and they have new models of units recently released, or coming out soon.

Cron CTP

Cron CTP

Hello,

I have been contacted with numbers of Service Engineers worldwide for support on Cron CTPs and UV setters. I have also received emails for willingness to distribute Cron Products from numerous distributors in different countries. Due to the feed back from the owners and the Cron Factory Trained Service Engineers for high volume of service calls associated with Cron Products and lack of support from Cron to these machines, Here by, I announce, I Do not recommend to purchase or invest on Cron products ANY MORE. In simple words: Purchasing CRON is a Trap and too good to be true for agents, Service Engineers and buyers!!! . I know what I have said about Cron on this forum, but I also believe correcting some of the comments with recent Cron's Products and after sales support in the Market is my duty as a service provider to the Industry.

Thank You.

Disclaimer: Although the information and recommendations at this forum are presented in good faith and believed to be correct, Armya Inc makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the information.
Information is supplied upon the condition that the persons receiving same will make their own determination as to its suitability for their purposes prior to use. In any event Armya Inc isn't responsible for damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use of or reliance upon information from this.

Last edited:
CRON in Europe

CRON in Europe

We at HighWater CTP are the exclusive Distributor for CRON in Europe. We have a rapidly growing install base and a network of more than 30 Dealers. We run regular monthly Engineer training classes in the UK, hold a comprehensive spares stock and can have a part anywhere in Europe the next day. We protect our end users by insisting that all dealers have a HighWater CTP trained engineer before we will ship equipment to them. HighWater CTP engineers provide second line support to Dealers, they are factory trained and in regular contact with the support team at the factory.
There is a tendency for some companies to think that having an engineer present at an installation is sufficient training. Where an engineer has a lot of experience this may work but in general there is no substitute for having a skilled engineer with proper training and regular hands-on experience.
CRON manufacture excellent, high quality, CTP machines and have just announced a VLF at the All In Print show in Shanghai. With a range from 2-up to VLF and a choice of Thermal, UV or Violet lasers CRON is now one of the foremost CTP suppliers and certainly not a trap as our many end users and Dealers would testify!!!
Regards,
Derek Sizer

We at HighWater CTP are the exclusive Distributor for CRON in Europe. We have a rapidly growing install base and a network of more than 30 Dealers. We run regular monthly Engineer training classes in the UK, hold a comprehensive spares stock and can have a part anywhere in Europe the next day. We protect our end users by insisting that all dealers have a HighWater CTP trained engineer before we will ship equipment to them. HighWater CTP engineers provide second line support to Dealers, they are factory trained and in regular contact with the support team at the factory.
There is a tendency for some companies to think that having an engineer present at an installation is sufficient training. Where an engineer has a lot of experience this may work but in general there is no substitute for having a skilled engineer with proper training and regular hands-on experience.
CRON manufacture excellent, high quality, CTP machines and have just announced a VLF at the All In Print show in Shanghai. With a range from 2-up to VLF and a choice of Thermal, UV or Violet lasers CRON is now one of the foremost CTP suppliers and certainly not a trap as our many end users and Dealers would testify!!!
Regards,
Derek Sizer

Thanks very much for you information. We all are convinced.
It is very nice to hear that all are fine with you and your Cron products. There is no Technical issues and not confusing problems with these machines. The Laboo Software has no bugs, it is ahead of any softwars in the world.There is nothing like a machine being down for 3 months or Lack of support from you or Cron.The machine doesn't confuse the service people with multi errors. It is a straight forward and easy to repair machine.It has never experienced banding or any other Laser issues which has been hard to identify. As far as I see the only problem with all these buyers and service engineers aren't the machines. From your point of view a service engineer has to go for training and after the training he will be able to fix everything, because for a simple reason, it is a trouble free machine. Within your 24 hour hours response time support it will be the highest sold machine in the world, not to mention the quality is ahead of Heidelberg, Agfa, ECRM, Screen and you name it. The reason for all these machines being down and peoples' investment being wasted for months are only the lack of service training.ONLY, Nothing else. Probably these people want to save on training cost by not paying you and/or Cron or perhaps they went to service training but were stupid to learn anything from the world's State-of-Art Training center at your place or Cron factory in China.The quality of Training Materials are one of the best. Everything is there in your service materials. Even an operator can repair the machine. You also beside having spare parts in stock recommend your customers and dealers to have some spare parts in stock.
Of course, the products do not need or independent to any spare parts being in stock at all, but you recommend them to have enough to a size(the bigger the better) of a warehouse to be purchased with every machine. You also recommend a service engineer(Trained by you or Cron) to be purchased with every machine. This will assure the quality of plates are being at highest standard and the customers can blame the service engineer for all the Technical issues or Machine's down time. In this case they can be re- sent for more service training as he obviously isn't a fast learner. The machine as mentioned is so simple.
All service material are there for everyone to use:

http://www.cron.com.cn/english/service.asp?classid=2

Having said these answer the followings:
1- You have 30 dealers in Europe, as mentioned, would you be able to tell me how many machines have you sold in Europe? Who many Machines to which countries?
2- How many trained engineers are presently working in Europe?Which countries?
3-Please confirm how many machines have some sort of problems while on operation. How many machines are completely down. Which countries?

I am waiting for your soonest reply.

Thank you.

Last edited:
You are wrong,I know serveral Cron CTP owners and users in china,and I know how this device used in china,a lot of them want to sell their CTP vendor,but no one want to buy a second hand CTP machine.
Comparing with other CTP device in china,CRON worse than 保利特,图锐 even founder.here you can see a open vote in chinese forum Let`s us talk about the worst CTP or CTCP? - CPC中文印刷社区

Bloodsaler,

I know you are in China. Can you please let us know the situation with Cron Products in China. How the owners/ buyers think about Cron products?How many machines have been presently installed there?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Are there some new informations about Cron, have they made any improovements in technology and service and spare parts support in last couple of years? Can Cron be considered as an option for ctp and especially ctcp?

Dear Mr. Shahrestani (Armya Inc),
why you lay peoples here? What is your problem with Cron?

We installed 9 pieces in 2 last years, and they working without any problem. Cron is reliable, quality made, low-price machine with cheap maintenance and superior quality (4 resolutions) over other CTP's.

I know what I speaking, because we are authorized service for 12 manufacturers of CTP and CtF (Canadian Cobalt is one of them).

Dear Mr. Shahrestani (Armya Inc),
why you lay peoples here? What is your problem with Cron?

Mr New Deal,
If Cron is a good CTP, you wouldn't needed to have dealership for other CTPs included the Canadian CTPs. Once every while an authorized dealer makes
We installed 9 pieces in 2 last years, and they working without any problem. Cron is reliable, quality made, low-price machine with cheap maintenance and superior quality (4 resolutions) over other CTP's.

I know what I speaking, because we are authorized service for 12 manufacturers of CTP and CtF (Canadian Cobalt is one of them).
Mr. New deal,
I am sure whàt you have mentioned here is the true words from a dealer who is not only sales Cron, but also saled other CTPs included Cobalt. This is one side of story from another Cron authorized dealer. What I rely on are my customers who are crying day and night over purchasing and investing on a machine which authorized dealers can't solve the their technical problems due to lack of proper training knowledge,, support or other technical issues from manufacturer.

I will change my mind if I find one customer and only one who is satisfied from his investment on this machine.
Good luck with your business. Hope it will last long and you will find new deals for Cron CTPs .

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Shahrestani,
our mission is to offer to customers all possible options: new CTP's of many manufacturers, used CTP's, even CtF's (still needed to flexo users).

Customers decide which one is best for them in moment of purchase.

Eg. customer which own 2 pieces of thermal CTP during last 11 years, now bought Cron UV CTcP because twice lower price of UV plates than thermal plate, also because built-in 4 resolutions (1800 + 2400 + 2540 + 2800 dpi), over just 2400 dpi on them thermal CTP.

Our 25-years experience with many manufacturers, helped a lot to us in servicing and support Cron, of course together with complete training at Cron manufacturers facility: (click Foto link of "Certificate" event) Events

Due to change of your mind, please be free to contact any of our Cron customers to hear them testimonials: Installations

Anyway, if you (or your customers) need any kind of help, don't hesitate to contact us: [email protected]

Dear Mr. Shahrestani,
our mission is to offer to customers all possible options: new CTP's of many manufacturers, used CTP's, even CtF's (still needed to flexo users).

Customers decide which one is best for them in moment of purchase.

Eg. customer which own 2 pieces of thermal CTP during last 11 years, now bought Cron UV CTcP because twice lower price of UV plates than thermal plate, also because built-in 4 resolutions (1800 + 2400 + 2540 + 2800 dpi), over just 2400 dpi on them thermal CTP.

Our 25-years experience with many manufacturers, helped a lot to us in servicing and support Cron, of course together with complete training at Cron manufacturers facility: (click Foto link of "Certificate" event) Events

Due to change of your mind, please be free to contact any of our Cron customers to hear them testimonials: Installations

Anyway, if you (or your customers) need any kind of help, don't hesitate to contact us: [email protected]

Litho industry included your customers are interested on CtCP and the inexpenive price of this equipment compared to other brands in the market. But, the truth will reveal after their investment. I insist on my opinion and do not buy this , no matter some dealers like yourself use this channel to post ome happy pictures of customers shaking your hand and to use these as an advertising tools to promote your company.
I hope the hopes and dream of people in those pictures who invested their life savings will not be ruined with investment on such a cheap, ureliable and service dependent product.
What I suggest is to post 2 pictures in your website. Before and after. One after installation another one 6 months later.

Since this thread has started a few years ago on Cron CTP, we haven't seen one real customer to come forward to write a positive review on this machine. I am sure after your comments, your customers will come forward to write one for you. May be you should take charge for Global Service and support for Cron CTPs. You are good!

Last edited:
if its made in china, then its bound to be landfill in 2-3 years.

Just open the machine"s covers and take a look at inside. It will talk for itself how good it is.:rolleyes: I have nothing absolutly nothing against Cron. They are improving everyday. Wish them all the best to improve their machine.

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Shahrestani,
at April 19. year 2015. was 3 year since first Cron UV CTcP installed in Belgrade's studio Press Code.

Without any malfunction in 3 years this Cron UV CTcP exposed 204.613 plates (5.684 average). See picture of counter by your self at http://www.cron.rs

All diodes are over 90% of power, means they can stand strong in future for 9 years, or under 600.000 plates more.

In Friday we sold 15th Cron, already installed 14...

Cheers!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back