.CT files are dissapearing from pages folder

Hello,
we are running Nexus 9.5.7 and do not currently have a file server, so our Links and Pages are been stored on our Nexus server. We are still using the Raster workflow for some of our clients and have been ripping them, trapping them and proofing them just fine. Then we print the job with no problems. We have recently found that when we go to archive the job, roughly a month or so later, that the .ct file is missing from the pages folder, but the .lw file is still there. Does anyone have a clue as to why this would be?
would appreciate any input on this.

From what I recall, we had this problem a few years ago. If you go to your main server, can you see the .CTs from there? We could not see the files from our workstations, but we could see them if we looked on the main server. I'm trying to remember, but it seems like it was a setting on our file server that either recognized the CT as a hidden file, or something that is preventing the file server from recognizing it as the proper file type.

Thanks, pp411. Unfortunatley, I was thinking along those same lines at the time, and when I couldn't locate the .ct form the mac, I checked the pages folder directly from the Server itself and could not see it there either, and I have the "Show hidden files" option on in the folder viewing section.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back