Cut business cards with a Challenge 305 (or similar)?

Devin

Can anyone tell me if it is realistic to expect to cut business cards accurately with a Challenge 305MPC or similar cutter?
Sorry if this comes across as obvious but I'm super duper green.

Can anyone tell me if it is realistic to expect to cut business cards accurately with a Challenge 305MPC or similar cutter?

Yes. I have been using one for over 20 years.

We run a Challenge Model 20 and it does a good job on business cards. Not only does it depend on the operator but also the machine you are using to print the cards. Keep your blade sharp too. The service manual for my cutter recommends sharpening every 2,000 - 3,000 cuts when cutting soft bond paper or coated card stock.

Not only does it depend on the operator but also the machine you are using to print the cards.

Good point on the machine that prints the cards. Occasionally I get service calls for an un-square cutter and the problem will be un-square print or print that doesn't stay registered from sheet to sheet. This is very frustrating for a new cutter operator to learn how to deal with.

How are you cutting the cards? Are you back cutting? I've seen people run cards 30-up on a 12x18 sheet, good luck getting those all to be the same height.

Yes it will work but it's quite labor intensive. Why not try:

The Graphic Whizard PT-320 CC is a table top business card slitter. It can slit 24 up business cards on a 12 X 128” sheet. It can also slit for folded cards. It utilizes Lead edge cut mark registration to compensate for image shift and contains an LCD panel with 6 job program memory.

One-New Graphic Whizard PT-320 CC business card slitter…...… $4,995

David Spiel
[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back