Dead Xerox DC242 - will not power up -

Massy

Hi guys, I am stuck here with a dead DC242. It shut down in the middle of a job and it is not powering up. Checked all cables,the fuse, the socket, everything is fine. It happened while I was clearing a jam in the fuser.

I got a job to finish for tomorrow morning, I can't get xerox engineer at this time of the night.

Any help will be appreciated?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Last edited:
seems like there was a sensor on the fuser in the 250, essentially the same machine. do you have another fuser around that you can stick in?

the other thing you might try is pulling it out, getting some canned air and blowing through it, though not up into the drums and see if you can get it to reset. when in doubt, reseat all of the consumables. hell, it might be worth a shot.

Thanks for your help.

I installed a new fuser but that didn't work. It's not powering up at all. I thought if it was a fuser problem, you would expect it to turn on and display an error message. In my case nothing happens when you press the switch on button. No sign of life whatsoever.

Anyway, there is nothing I can do now apart from hoping for a divine intervention.

did you try, for the sake argument, plugging it into a different outlet? does it have one of those special plugs, the 220 plug?

you might see if you can get one of the techs on the phone, if he can't come by, and ask and see if they have any thoughts. i've done that before with our xerox techs, especially when it's going to be the next day before they can come by.

sorry i'm not more help.

I tried 5 different sockets(outlets), everything is 220v in this part of the world.

I managed to speak to Xerox but no tech available this time of the night (it is now 00:30). A service call is booked for tomorrow morning.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help and your time.

Try checking the gfp where the power is plugged into the machine. A couple other guesses maybe ripped paper stuck where the fuser connects into the rear of the machine or the main drawer connectors, 2 on the back middle of the drawer and 2 on the machine rear side.

Miracles do happen. The machine is now back on. Wonderful!
I was just about to give up and go and I thought I would give it one last try and guess what? it worked.

Maybe it was just overheated, it's been running for while. Now it's cooled down. I'm not so sure about this, I'll ask the tech tomorrow.

Thank you all guys for your help.

Regards,

Funny that. Our DC250 died after a fuser jam this week. Tripped our electrics and would not come back on. We needed to have a new power supply unit fitted which had to come from Holland (we're in the UK). Our tech suspects it was one of the fuser heat rods shorting out, so we fitted a new fuser as well as the power supply. Looks like you were a bit luckier than us!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back