Delta E'00 l:c:h weighting factors

For dE'00, what l:c:h factors are you using?

• Total voters
The only situation i am going in touch with DeltaE2000 in my daily work is the GMG-Label which verifies a digital hardproof (printed on an EPSON SC P5000) or not:

For more accuracy i would assume that "the same yellow" (c:h) is only the same when it is printed not lighter or darker (L)? So i would say, all are equally important.
Especially the DE´00 is even more "tolerable"/"the value sounds nicer, because it is smaller" as itself compared with older ones (using DE CIE76, CIE94...):

e.g. comparing:

Lab 86/-4/75 with 90/-3/78:
DE´76: 5,1
DE´94: 4,09
DE´00: 2,72

in this other example i try to proof that there is an importance if you will use the values for math as a base for "judging" (or using in a mathematical content ...), nevertheless that the ability of the human eye is limited to underline this fact... ;-)

211 .png
111.png
611.png

But i am not able to explain the used formula in detail and so i can not really check Steve´s vote in an other way:

1618476346855.png

In which other situations you are looking at DE´00 in (daily) print bussiness?

Last edited:
In which other situations you are looking at DE´00 in (daily) print bussiness?

Our spot colors are verified by our ink vendor using DE2000, and again on press for packaging work. There is a print quality verification service that specifies it, as well as the 1:1:1 ratio.

" Color difference formula: ΔE2000 Color Space kL* = 1 kC* = 1 kH* = 1, in accordance with ISO 13655:2009 "

To match the dimensions of dE1976 and dE2000, I use factors of 0.67 kL, kC, kh. Statistic of large test charts with 1500 color fields per offset shows such a dimension ratio.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back