Difference between cassette or daylightload?

anfrmite

Hello to everybody.

I want to buy a new film roll but I am not sure what type of loading I may need. The seller of these film rolls have several codes regarding side of emulsion, loading, etc.

What is the difference between "cassette" and "daylightload"?

Thank you very much for any help.

Is this roll film for an imagesetter? . . . If so I would guess that cassette would mean you need to handle it in a darkroom to get it into the box that holds it for the device and daylight load would mean you can load it into the box in day light . . . just my best guess give the information you supplied.:)

Daylight load means you can exchange the roll of film in normal light conditions. It has a lead of about 3-4 feet before the actual film starts.
The emulsion side means if the photo sensitive side of the film is on the front or the back of the film. This depends on the path the film takes in your imagesetter.

Correctly Daylight load means the roll of film has a few feet of black paper/plastic on the top to load the film into cassette.
Cassette - to load the film in the dark or safe light (green for red laser diode)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back