Digital Label Printer - looking for options

mattf

Was looking into trying to find specific information concerning a label printer I wish to make an investment in. Here's some specific of what I'm looking for:

1) Can do B/W and up to 4C
2) Web roll stock
3) Can handle label stock (of course)
4) Can handle from 1" x 1" label square to longer short/long stem labels on parent sheet
5) Can handle running 500,000 labels in 8 hours. If that means the sheets are 2 or 4 up then that's fine.
6) ability to handle Barcode QC

The only one I found that could potentially do this was the HP Indigo ws4500, but I'm not entirely sure it could pump up the volume. The reason I wish for it to be digital is because barcodes could change every 100 passes.

Again, any other digital recommendations would be helpful.

Don't forget the Xeikon machine, well established in label printing and rules for speed.

The HP machine generates some beautiful material, even shrink wrap labels, within a certain size.

John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

Do you guys have any experience with smaller Degrava DP8500? We will be running some narrow webs with very short runs and thinking of getting the DP8500, but are not sure about quality and issues. Also, what type of die cutter will be suitable for it.

In regards to the Xerox or the Xeikon, do you have any information regarding the cost/price of the said digital printers? Trying to get an idea on what options there are out there for equipment.

You may be interested in the Largest Label Printing networking group

You may be interested in the Largest Label Printing networking group

You may be interested in joining the largest Label Printing networking group, called Digital Printing Labels.

You can post your Discussion topic for our diverse and global membership who are all focused in the rapidly growing and evolving Digital Label Printing marketplace

Just click the URL below to join in just seconds.

LinkedIn | Groups: Sign in Digital Printing - Labels

Regards,
Lou Berceli
Founder and Manager of Digital Printing Labels group on LinkedIn

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back