Digital printing machine

Aster

Hi I am a graphic designer and have a small printing company. The machines we have are already old and need replacement. Print brochures, flyers, posters, business cards. So I'm not interested in offset printing machine but the digital printing machine. I would like to ask you то suggest ме printing machine with which you had experience or machine you are satisfied with . My budget is $ 20,000.

Unfortunately Ubertech is right. To get a good quality machine that will produce consistent, sellable quality you will probably be into it more than $20m.

more than $20m?

What are your current machines, and what about them needs replacing? In otherwords, if I knew why you wanted to upgrade, I might be able to recommend a press/printer that could meet those needs.

Since you mentions that you have machines, you may want to investigate if you can operate with less but more capable equipment

No, I'm not from USA but from Europe is. I think here the prices for printing machinery and equipment for them are less expensive. But regardless of my budget would interested me one of your suggestions even if they were printing machines are more expensive than $ 20,000.

you should be able to afford a used Konica Minolta 6500 or Xerox 252 for that price. If you're going to get a used one, make sure it's on a service contract and be sure to have it moved and checked on the spot by the techs.

Hi I am a graphic designer and have a small printing company. The machines we have are already old and need replacement. Print brochures, flyers, posters, business cards. So I'm not interested in offset printing machine but the digital printing machine. I would like to ask you то suggest ме printing machine with which you had experience or machine you are satisfied with . My budget is $ 20,000.

There's a huge difference in capability between printing business cards and posters. What size and thickness substrates do you need, do you need UV coating, do you handle walk-in business (so you need a machine with a high PPM), what's your estimated monthly MAXIMUM impressions (then multiply by 2.5 for growth), what level of quality do you need (drives toner vs inkjet, DPI, discussions)?

Lots of questions...

Need more info.

Also, 20m is a totally plausible number, especially if you're willing to go with a used, repossessed machine. Lot's of high quality, low mileage equipment in the secondary market right now. On another note, you could save yourself some cash (and office space) by partnering with a local printer who needs the work.

My plan is a small printing company. My services would be offered to travel agencies who are in need of brochures (the number of brochures on demand do not cross over into 250-800 pieces per month), fashion boutiques and agencies that require the advertising campaigns and preparation of posters and flyers, business cards and monthly brochures for small and medium-sized supermarkets. With this in mind I think I need two types of printing machines. One type of

Intec CP2020 Intec CP2020

and the type of plotter HP DesignJet 4520ps (42 ") Plotter. I believe that maybe someone will offer better machines for my requirements.

I wouldn't go into any machine from the OKI line unless you can get it under some kind of pay per click contract. I know something about this, because I have two (c9800 and c9650) that I've used over the past year or so. Unless you plan on printing business card with little coverage, the cost for consumables will be deadly. Besides that, if you have some kind of malfunction, you will have to cover it. For example a transfer belt that can go bad much faster than you would expect.
Anyway, I would stay away from these machines and buy something used, more reliable and on a contract, if I was in your place.
Good luck

As I mention to many of my customers who want to make a transition from a customer to our printhouse to a competitor... There is much more than a printing device to make a print business. The target you mentioned is very wide and you must be prepared to meet many "desingers' ideas". Printing of posters and flyers (just print and cut) is much more different than making materials for fashion boutiques (laminating, varnishing, spot varnishing, gold emboss, die cutting , etc) and serving supermarkets (may be personalized print, software, etc.)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back