Dolev 800 v2 Open Error (OMC: Program Load Error)

ihtiyar

Hello,
The machine is booting up
OMC: Program Load Error.
I'm glad you helped me.
Thank you...

Attachments

• image02.jpeg
    image02.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 446
  • image01.jpeg
    image01.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 472
Try cleaning and re-seating the Strobe and OMC boards.
If this doesn't help try replacing each board with another board that is known to be good.
Good luck.

Blowing away dust is not enough.
The gold plated contacts on the boards are frequently a point of failure.
Clean the contacts on both sides carefully with alcohol and than with a pencil eraser (its' actually a very light polishing job).

Blowing away dust is not enough.
The gold plated contacts on the boards are frequently a point of failure.
Clean the contacts on both sides carefully with alcohol and than with a pencil eraser (its' actually a very light polishing job).

I cleaned it with an eraser. The error did not change. Do you have any other suggestions?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-08-15 at 14.24.26.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-08-15 at 14.24.26.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 439
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-08-15 at 14.24.25.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-08-15 at 14.24.25.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 439
Check for the error message using the "Show Errors" function and act according to the relevant error.

To access the "Show Errors" function:
a. Pressing F1 (until) on the operating panel
b. Select "Show Errors" using the arrow
c. Press <Enter>.
NOTE: Return to "Standby" by Pressing <Esc> twice.

If there is no help there, you'll need to replace the OMC board.

Check for the error message using the "Show Errors" function and act according to the relevant error.

To access the "Show Errors" function:
a. Pressing F1 (until) on the operating panel
b. Select "Show Errors" using the arrow
c. Press <Enter>.
NOTE: Return to "Standby" by Pressing <Esc> twice.

If there is no help there, you'll need to replace the OMC board.

abort-status-parms-util does not work because I am not in standby, but I will try again. Any other suggestions?
NOTE: I can not intervene because there is no fatal error.

Last edited:
You may use the Diagnostics Program to help.
On your Dolev 800V2 it should be installed and accessible under "Utillities" or you can operate it from the diskette.

Last edited:
Send me a PM with your email address, I'll send you an image.
Also, write the type and part number of your OMC/HOMC/SOMC card.

For stubborn contacts I have used a contact enhancer for many years called "Stabilant 22". I have seen it bring back equipment that would not respond to a normal "cleaning" of the contacts. I have included a link to their site that explains it more. Might help in your situation.

Thanks Scotts,
This material seems amazing. It's not cheap but probably worth it.
I wish I knew about it before...

For stubborn contacts I have used a contact enhancer for many years called "Stabilant 22". I have seen it bring back equipment that would not respond to a normal "cleaning" of the contacts. I have included a link to their site that explains it more. Might help in your situation.
Thank you Scotts, but I cleaned my card and even cleaned it with the Electronics Technician, but there was no solution. Dolev is still not open. Electronics technician says no fault. I was desperate.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 479
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 474
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 496
It's been a long time since I worked with a Dolev 800, but normal issues I would look for is, wires that are not making good connections or a not connected. DO NOT just go plugging in cables that are not plugged in currently unless you KNOW they are supposed to be plugged in. Then also look for wires/cables that are damaged/worn. With age comes time to replace some worn items, even though they don't technically get "used" or moved around much. Just do a really good look over. Maybe you will get lucky.

It's been a long time since I worked with a Dolev 800, but normal issues I would look for is, wires that are not making good connections or a not connected. DO NOT just go plugging in cables that are not plugged in currently unless you KNOW they are supposed to be plugged in. Then also look for wires/cables that are damaged/worn. With age comes time to replace some worn items, even though they don't technically get "used" or moved around much. Just do a really good look over. Maybe you will get lucky.

I have not seen the place I have not looked at for 2 months. I need to get help from outside. Thanks for your interest...

Dear Sir:
I was checking his problem but please execute this steps for troubleshooting:

1) Perform a visual inspection : look for loose and broken wires, improperly seated connectors, loose or broken wires
misset switch, missing jumpers. and so on.
Chech for obviously damaged component(components burned or discolore due to overheating);
Dust + dirt + tear +wear

2) Reseating Boards and components:
Edge connectors are a common souorce of problems. Power down the system and remove the PC boards. Examine the edge connector
for contamination and clean with contacts cleaner contacts. Reseat any loose components 9suc as scoketed ICs) . Reseat the
boards and power up.

3) Power supply checks:
Check the power supply for missing voltages and voltages out of spec. A digital multimieter DMM can be necessary, as
voltage specifications are quite tight: logic supplies for example: must be within + 0.5 percent of 5Vdc. All the
multiple supplies and all must be checked.

4) Board swapping:
Board swapping involves the substitutiono of a known godd board for a suspect one.

5) Clock for CPU:
Check the frecuency with frequency counter or a DMM included frecuency counter( like Fluke DMM).

6)Reset CPU:
reset cpu see the attached schematic.

Let me know
Blessing
[email protected]
cell+WhatsApp:+505 8861 1441

Attachments

• photo7795.png
    photo7795.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 474
Dear Sir:
I was checking his problem but please execute this steps for troubleshooting:

1) Perform a visual inspection : look for loose and broken wires, improperly seated connectors, loose or broken wires
misset switch, missing jumpers. and so on.
Chech for obviously damaged component(components burned or discolore due to overheating);
Dust + dirt + tear +wear

2) Reseating Boards and components:
Edge connectors are a common souorce of problems. Power down the system and remove the PC boards. Examine the edge connector
for contamination and clean with contacts cleaner contacts. Reseat any loose components 9suc as scoketed ICs) . Reseat the
boards and power up.

3) Power supply checks:
Check the power supply for missing voltages and voltages out of spec. A digital multimieter DMM can be necessary, as
voltage specifications are quite tight: logic supplies for example: must be within + 0.5 percent of 5Vdc. All the
multiple supplies and all must be checked.

4) Board swapping:
Board swapping involves the substitutiono of a known godd board for a suspect one.

5) Clock for CPU:
Check the frecuency with frequency counter or a DMM included frecuency counter( like Fluke DMM).

6)Reset CPU:
reset cpu see the attached schematic.

Let me know
Blessing
[email protected]
cell+WhatsApp:+505 8861 1441

Dear chock Thank you for your interest. But I'm not a technician, my user. I've done cleaning and checking as much as I can. The result has not changed. But I did not understand the RESET phenomenon. Can you give a little more detail?

Attachments

• kasa1.jpg
    kasa1.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 459
  • kasa2.jpg
    kasa2.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 484

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back