DPM34SC (Clean Mirror?)

Why do you want to clean the mirror? Are you having a specific issue? The optics on that system have to be pretty bad before you will see any issues.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply!

The DPM is great, no question! The spray from our presses gets everywhere (as with most shops) and I'm sure it's getting in there... We have to keep adjusting our exposure times. The last time we had a tech in he mentioned cleaning the mirror, which he did but I was to busy to watch... I need a step-by-step so I don't screw up the laser or anything else while I'm busy messing around in there!

In my experience, your powder problem would have to be very bad to cause a problem that significant, especially in a short period of time (less than a year). I have seen many different CTP/CTF systems run perfectly with very dirty spinner mirrors that haven't been cleaned in years. That being said, you should never put your system next to a press. It should be at least 10 feet away and in another room would be better.

In general, it is best not to over clean your optics. Once a year is usually adequate. The mirrors and lenses are delicate and easily damaged. Also manually turning the spinner can cause damage to it. There is no manual that can show you how. It is best that you be shown how to clean it by a trained tech.Have the tech show you next time he is in.

Also, the change in exposure you see may be based on the changes Mitsubishi has made to their materials over the last year or so. They also make the Mega materials that Presstek sells.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back