Edge printing????

dabob

A customer has requested that we print the edge of their business cards with a color - I know that I have seen it but can't remember where or how to get it done????

A customer has requested that we print the edge of their business cards with a color - I know that I have seen it but can't remember where or how to get it done????

Call me stupid but I googled it. Not sure if this is the industry method or just the amateur diy method but... Stack the cards then come up with a way to clamp down on the stack. Spray paint (or foam brush paint). Let dry.

there's this company:

Plastic Business Cards, Plastic Cards, Gift Card Printing, Plastic Card Printing, Business Cards, Silkcards, Postcards, Flyers, Letterhead, Envelopes, Stationary, Magnets and more at silkcards.com

we have used them for some short run embossing cards. Their quality is pretty good, and their pricing is really inexpensive. if you email support, they will set you up as a vendor with a pretty nice discount, and send you an unbranded sample book that's great for showing off.
only thing to keep in mind is that sometimes their turn-times cam be 2-3 weeks, so make sure that you confirm with them when you place the order.

We edge paint all the time. Seems as though this is a big secret and not much info out there about it but i think we figured it out. We Cut - Clamp - Sand - Airbrush. It will take some practice but its a nice touch on high end letterpress work.

There is also another method, like Moo.com does. Where they sandwich a different color paper in between 2 white sheets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back