Electronic proofing.

FlexoGrunt

We currently create PDFs and email them but I've been wondering if an online solution would be better.

So,
I was curious how people are getting the initial proofs to their customers?

and

If you have done any looking around or are using online proofing what is your opinion?

If you have a access to a properly configured web server having an online proofing option is easy. You can go as simple or as complex as you like. For example, a simple directory listing at www.printco.com/clientcompany/ could contain links to all proofs, shown sorted by date, size, or name. All those options are included with any web server.

If you're doing more than a couple proofs a day for a single client, this set up might be worth while. For us, we don't do more than a few proofs for any given client in a week, so emailing PDFs works fine for us.

If your client would find that service very useful, then it shouldn't be hard to set up. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother unless you have some IT Staff with nothing to do. Haven't seen that situation in a while though.. :p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back