Emdash at the end of line in Indesign CS3

sivakumarr

Whenever I have an Emdash at the end of the line, it seems like a hyphen in Indesign CS3. If I take that to the next line it appears correctly as Emdash. How can I avoid this problem?

Please refer to second line in the attached PDF file. If you bring down the word 'to' to the next line in Indesign you can see the magic.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Re: Emdash at the end of line in Indesign CS3

I see the problem in your PDF but can't replicate it in my version of Indesign. I suggest you reset/purge your InDesign preference and try again.

Re: Emdash at the end of line in Indesign CS3

I can't recreate it either, but I suspect that InDesign is seeing the group of words and the emdash as a hyphenated compound. Have you tried putting a space before the emdash so that InDesign must recognize the words and the emdash as separate?

rich

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back