Equinox

OSS

Hi,

Would like to know more about Equinox software like if its a standalone software or plugin. Where exactly (Process/job) we can use Equinox. Any other similar or competitor software available in Market. What is the difference between Equinox and Opaltone.

Regards
OSS

I am not clear with the earlier post. Where i can't find alternate/similar software. No description about opaltone too

The link takes you to the search engine for this forum, where there are 4 pages and 49 topics discussing your question.

Stephen Marsh

1. Where we can use Equinox: it's useful when you combine jobs that have much spot color. You don't need to change ink every job. And the job that have more inks than the printing machine.

2. Competitor: Heidelberg with Multicolor, GMG with OpenColor, Kokak. But Equinox is the most common.

3. To perform multicolor job with Equinox you need to have Equinox software that making multicolor profiles. Equinox plug in for Artpro or Packedge to convert spot color to Multicolor profile. And Photoshop plugin for convert image to Multicolor profile.

I am looking for experiences to perform Multicolor job. Hope we can share and learn together.

I have some years in Equinox, if I had the chance to choose again I will with Equinox, but only with Equinox + Equinox for Automation Engine.

I have some years in Equinox, if I had the chance to choose again I will with Equinox, but only with Equinox + Equinox for Automation Engine.

Hi bbertolani, I'm interested to know how you would use Equinox with Automation Engine? Which features you would automate etc.

Hi bbertolani, I'm interested to know how you would use Equinox with Automation Engine? Which features you would automate etc.
hi

Hi baa76
Automation has a module that automatically converts the colors based on the profile created in Color Engine.
Of course that in my scenario I had a least 100 artworks to convert every day and took too much time doing manually

Hi,

The best solution is Heidelberg Multicolor you can convert and run your maximum spot color jobs without washup.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back