Error:An internal error has occured(internal RIP)

Trimmer

When i import a pdf file to illustrator then i print it to my postscript printer and i send it to rip this message appears"Error:An internal error has occured(internal RIP)"in print dialog box.
what should i do?
i used to print my files this way and it worked well but now suddenly this error appears

Need a bit more information in order to be helpful:
(1) What operating system is the RIP running on?
(2) What type of RIP or workflow are you using?
(3) What model output device are you using?
(4) What PPD is being used?

winsows94NTserver
Delta technology 6.0
Heidelberg herkules classic
i'm using ppd from my manufacturer diskettes

Depending on the age of the PPD and its settings, it is possible for the PPD to be causing the issue although it sounds unlikely if other files go through. You could try downloading an updated PPD like the one listed on RTI Harlequin RIP Technical Support - RTI Harlequin RIP Software Support. PPDs are mostly universal and if the newer Postscript Level 3 PPD does not resolve your issue then you would probably have a compatibility issue between your RIP software and the files you are sending to the RIP. I do not know the Delta RIP but you may want to check into purchasing an upgraded or new RIP software for the Herkules.

Trimmer,

What version of PDF are you sending. the latest version of Delta is 8.7 and it could be you are using a version of PDF that is not supported on version 6.0.

Regards,

Mark

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back