Feeding black paper on 3302 Ryobi

pressmanken

Running silver on black card stock. Set up on gray stock, switched to black on the fly. It ran about 20 sheets, then stopped feeding the black. Acts like it can't see the sheet. All sensors are clean. Any ideas? If I turn off he feed drum sensor, it'll feed, but not print.

It won't go on impression because it thinks there is no paper going into the impression cylinder and wants to save you the trouble of having to clean the back cylinder. There is an optical sensor between the in feed drum and the impression cylinder that is seeing "no paper". You need to tape a small piece of white sock to that sensor to fool it. I had one of those until I had to close down the shop. Great little press.

Good luck,

Al

That didn't work. All it did was hang the press on impression, so the press saw paper feeding at start-up and printed on the back cylinder.

Im not really familiar with that press but you said you set up with grey paper. Is there any sensor calibration you do at makeready that could affect this since it was set up on a different color paper?

Don't know about sensor calibration on this press. I got the job to run by removing the OS cover, turning off the feed sensor and manually tripping the impression as the sheet entered the print head. PITA, but it was only a short run.
Ken

There are four rocker switches in the access panel (blue cover under the feeder belts). Turn them off.

I humbly apologize for my misguided suggestion. My idea makes it think there is always paper feeding, so it stays on impression. My very bad indeed.

Al

Running silver on black card stock. Set up on gray stock, switched to black on the fly. It ran about 20 sheets, then stopped feeding the black. Acts like it can't see the sheet. All sensors are clean. Any ideas? If I turn off he feed drum sensor, it'll feed, but not print.

Try placing a small night light down under the conveyor area. the press can't "see" the paper

Tape a bit of white paper over the sensor. And do not miss a sheet when feeding, or you will print on impression cylinder.

night light is better because it works like it should and you won't print on anything but the paper. Make sure the sensor is clean. It can accumulate a lot of dust because of the location. I run an 8.5 x 11 Classic Linen Epic Black 80# cover with metallic silver every year and it always works.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back