Finding Preps Password

I am setting up a new Mac in our prepress and we use a dongle to run Preps on multiple Macs. I have installed Preps on the new Mac but it is asking me for my company info and password to set it up.
The other computers were already set up before I started working here and I can't find any CDs or manuals in the filing cabinet with all of our software information.

Does anyone know of a way to find the password for our license from the computers that are already set up?

The easiest way is to copy the Preps folder from the Applications folder on the Macs where it is already installed to the other Mac. That way you will not need to install the software. Just make sure the file SSi_xxxxxx.pwd gets copied. xxxxxx = dongle number. When you run it the first time you will probably need to set the folder locations in your preferences as well as your Acrobat location.

I tried that and it wouldn't read our hardware key and just popped up with an error saying there was a problem with our license and to contact Kodak.

Luckily I found a txt file with our SSN buried inside of a folder with a bunch of junk. Re-installed Preps from the installer I downloaded and works like a charm!

Thanks for your help though!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back