Forum Changes

pcmodem

Registered Users
<begin rant
<rant
--Begin Rant

I noticed how some of the Forum Headings are merging with others. One forum "Technology Help Desk" is sorted Oldest to Newest, while all the others are just the opposite.

I still can't use the Forum Tools within a Forum, and it has been this way for months. A while back we were told this would be fixed in an update. While I haven't seen the update, other changes are taking place.

I hope these changes are in preparation for the update.

End Rant --
</rant
</begin>

The updates were applied this weekend, we did some cleanup of older/unused forums and some consolidation. There is a bit of a different look, but most things should operate as expected. Please let me know if you run into any issues and we will take a look.

Thanks!

I like the softer look. Makes the ads stand out better LOL :)
Great that a Flexo forum has been created.
The Forum: "What You Think?" seems an odd phrase. Should it be "What Do You Think?"
When I first opened this thread the newest post was first and the oldest post last. But after looking around the site they've switched order.
Clicking on the PrintPlanet logo takes you to the index page rather than the PrintPlanet home page as it used to. I prefer the old - i.e. clicking on the logo should bring you to the home page.
I really like the addition of number of page views for each topic. It gives a better sense of whether there is any interest in the topic being discussed.

best, gordo

Thanks Gordo,
For some reason vbulletin defaults new forums to oldest first, why I have no idea, not sure why you would ever want to see that. I'll go through and check em to see what the default ordering is.

Hmm, I posted my reply and now the order of posts is:

Gordo
Cory
pcmodem

where it should be:

Gordo
pcmodem
Cory

or

Cory
pcmodem
Gordo

or am I messing up somehow?

hmm, i'm not seeing any ordering problems within a thread, only on some thread ordering within a forum.

hmm, i'm not seeing any ordering problems within a thread, only on some thread ordering within a forum.

OK, I'll keep an eye on this maybe I was the problem. Shock of the new.
I've tried accessing PrintPlanet on my iPod (same display as iPhone) and realized that I much preferred it the old way when hitting the PrintPlanet logo that it brought you to the home page rather than the forums index page. It was a quick way on a small screen to jump from a message to the listings of all topics under discussion. Same goes for navigating via computer.

Also, on the small screen the light color of the topic headings make them harder to read.

best, gordo

Last edited:
Does the search function work?
I did a search on "gordo" and although I've done quite a few posts I only got 1 hit.
I also did a search for "Auraia" which I know has been discussed but got no hits.

best, gordo

The forum list shows which forums are unread by being slightly darker. I would recommend making this darker yet or making the read ones lighter or doing both.

It's working for me on Safari. I just quit the browser after first reading your pos. Relaunched it and came back to Print Planet logged in.

Al

The remember me option is no longer there, on by default. You can logout after your session.
Tapatalk, we may. but are looking at just doing a native iphone/android app. Personally I have some concerns about allowing a 3rd party direct access to all the member records.

I like the new look but it's not mobile compatible like the last platform. Hopefully that can be easily fixed.

When I go to PrintPlanet on my mobile I see this:

PrintPlanet.jpg

Ugly.

If I go to http://printplanet.com/forums/ instead then it looks good. Unfortunately that means that you have to look at each forum individually in order to see new threads. Not the way I want to navigate.

Again, clicking on the banner doesn't take you to PrintPlanet but to http://printplanet.com/forums/ instead. Which is a real bugger.

best, gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back