freakin' 700!!!

Nah, with. 12x18 runs against from our supplier (short), 18x12 with (long); shoulda clarified. We score them anyway on the Duplo but for plain-Jane customer supplied Publisher-created ones it works well without adding the step.

Reimburse you for paper? You gotta be kidding.

actually no. we're an in-house shop, and we don't do near the volume you guys do. but the paper has to paid for and billed to specific contracts, so i do have to watch the spoilage. it's a PITA but it's still cheaper for us to do this than to outsource to a commercial printer.

i recognize that that's not going to sit well with some of you guys but it's a capability that gives us a competitive edge when we bid for contracts. not everything -- not even close to everything -- can be done in-house, so we have a healthy business with several local printers. a lot of this stuff -- small booklets, brochures -- we would have done in-house anyway and sent out to be finished. now, we can do some of that here. we've been running this way for over five years, first on a 252 and now this 700.

but we're doing our best to learn from you pros. :)

Take a look at the invoices, your reimbursed clicks may be LESS than your billed clicks. Maintenance clicks @0.043 vs billed clicks @0.056.

700's

700's

We have three 700's and are in the process of switching one out for the 770. We find that so often the paper issues are in the high capacity feeders, we have both the double and single high caps, its too bad that Xerox keeps making technology advances without touching the feed system

Our Konica Bizhub 8000 has air feed and is center fed, it runs with very little jams from the feeders. the least Xerox could do is change their feeders to center fed so that your not trying to skew the paper everytime you pull small sheets.

One major advantage of having three of the same machines is when you call Xerox support they cant tell you its a paper issue when it runs on the other two fine.

We have three 700's and are in the process of switching one out for the 770. We find that so often the paper issues are in the high capacity feeders, we have both the double and single high caps, its too bad that Xerox keeps making technology advances without touching the feed system

Totally agree with the paper issues in the high cap feeders, it is of the very few things we hate about the 700. Otherwise, it is a wonderful machine for us.

MORE UPDATES

Well, one of the service providers in our area that up to now was running fine on his 700 has requested that Xerox come and get the machine. Seems the promises that were made vastly over estimated the printer's true capabilities; similar to the problem we've run into. Noticed today that the banding in the gradients is worse as its ever been. Very frustrating on a machine advertised as 2400dpi. Picking a different screen density and dot didn't help either. oh well. :(

we also had another gradient job today as well with no luck. Another round of new developer housings tomorrow in the a.m.

Sorry to hear your still having trouble with your 700's. I'm about ready to send this 901 back to Ikon but am not real sure what machine I would replace it with. Originally thought about the 700 but after hearing all the reports on it, I'm very hesitant to even consider it know. I love the title of this thread " freakin 700". Need to add ' Freakin 700 & 901."

its too bad that Xerox keeps making technology advances without touching the feed system

I find this amazing and somewhat scary. I've had enough troubles with my old DC2060 but paper feeding from the big tray is the least of them, it just keeps pulling A4s and SRA3s, mostly 130gsm and 300 gsm coated without jamming in the tray, even did some 350 gsm the other day and it's only rated at 280 gsm. Can't believe what I'm hearing about these newer machines.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back