Fuji Xerox Versant 80 Press

I may be wrong, but the 80 looks like a re-skinned 700 series. I wonder just what is "new" about it. I would really dig into that if you are not happy with your C/J75 performance. They did the same thing with the 8000 - 8000AP - 8002 and the 8080, same engine, just a few "enhancements".

I may be wrong, but the 80 looks like a re-skinned 700 series. I wonder just what is "new" about it. I would really dig into that if you are not happy with your C/J75 performance. They did the same thing with the 8000 - 8000AP - 8002 and the 8080, same engine, just a few "enhancements".

We are having a tough time printing 14pt coated stocks, colours all motley. We have had techs in, numerous times trying to find a solution with no luck. They cannot even print on a demo J75 our files correctly. We brought one of the problem files over to another print shop and tried on their Ricoh (not sure what model) and it printed much much better without playing around with anything. Put in our stock, and printed. We were shopping for a new digital unit for over a year. They assured us this J75 would handle what we do. And it did for the first 2 or 3 months. Then it just got worse and worse and worse. Pretty much everything has been replaced inside the J75 with no significant change. They also checked the rooms humidity and temp, both were perfect and have been stable, I monitor on our own device and it does not fluctuate much.

We are hoping that with a machine that can handle a heavier weight that it should fix our problems and allow us to run on the stocks we run on. We are going in for a demo next week on the 2100 (on paper prints the same spec as the Versant 80).

We are having a tough time printing 14pt coated stocks, colours all motley. We have had techs in, numerous times trying to find a solution with no luck. They cannot even print on a demo J75 our files correctly. We brought one of the problem files over to another print shop and tried on their Ricoh (not sure what model) and it printed much much better without playing around with anything. Put in our stock, and printed. We were shopping for a new digital unit for over a year. They assured us this J75 would handle what we do. And it did for the first 2 or 3 months. Then it just got worse and worse and worse. Pretty much everything has been replaced inside the J75 with no significant change. They also checked the rooms humidity and temp, both were perfect and have been stable, I monitor on our own device and it does not fluctuate much.

We are hoping that with a machine that can handle a heavier weight that it should fix our problems and allow us to run on the stocks we run on. We are going in for a demo next week on the 2100 (on paper prints the same spec as the Versant 80).

If it has a new fuser like the 2100 then I think that would help with his mottle issues.

If it has a new fuser like the 2100 then I think that would help with his mottle issues.

The Versant 80 has the belt fuser (same as the 2100, or similar design). I have never used a Xerox or any other brand with a belt fuser. It is supposedly better, but they say that about everything.

I don't know if it does or not, but what applications do you use the gloss mode on your C75?

We have a few clients just love the high gloss look. They have pieces with heavy coverage, and instead of going to press and aqueous coating, we can just use the gloss mode.

The versant does not have a gloss setting like the c/j75.

With our current setup we can run jobs that need the dull printed look on our 2100 and then if we need some gloss we can put them on the C75. I was hoping the V80 might have it as well.

I wonder if they could make an optional glossy toner for the Versants? I heard they had Matte and Glossy toners for the Color Press.

Someone was saying that the 800 and 1000 color presses required different hardware other than the toner cartridges to produce a matte toner versus the typical gloss. If this wasn't true, you'd have to run 100's of sheets through just to bleed the lines when you switch. Plus if there isn't a voiced demand for different toner for the Versants, it will probably go the same way as the 800 and 1000 where the matte toner was only offered in Asian/Pacific regions.

And no mention of a 26" sheet anywhere.

Who said the Versant 80 would be able to handle a 26" sheet? This s a replacement of the C/J75 and specs for media is pretty similar. Media sizes up to 13 x 19.2, weight from 52 gsm to 350 gsm.

Who said the Versant 80 would be able to handle a 26" sheet? This s a replacement of the C/J75 and specs for media is pretty similar. Media sizes up to 13 x 19.2, weight from 52 gsm to 350 gsm.

In the original posters link deep within the spec it mentions a manual feed tray max size of 660mm sheet.

I don't think this feature is standard and I doubt it will be seen outside Japan/Asia.

In the original posters link deep within the spec it mentions a manual feed tray max size of 660mm sheet.

I don't think this feature is standard and I doubt it will be seen outside Japan/Asia.

I have documents from Xerox on the 80 and it says nothing about that. Maybe it is specific to the Asian markets. Seems like a small machine to be running a 26" sheet through.

I have documents from Xerox on the 80 and it says nothing about that. Maybe it is specific to the Asian markets. Seems like a small machine to be running a 26" sheet through.

Have they given you any prices yet? Wondering how prices will be versus j75?

Have they given you any prices yet? Wondering how prices will be versus j75?

Well we are having issues with our J75, not happy with the machine, it is not doing what it is supposed to. We are in the process of getting it taken out and replaced. We are looking at moving to a Versant 2100 if the numbers are not to bad. To swap for a Versant 80, they wanted I think $11,000. So the price of the J75 plus $11,000. It is probably a bit more then that though, but have no exact price on Versant 80.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back