Fuji Xerox Versant 80 Press

Just reading this article that came out yesterday.

Xerox Versant 80 Press Overview | Digital Printing Hot Spot

Seems the Versant 80 will be the replacement for the c75 and then added performance pack will be the J75, giving it added rated speed of 80ppm up to 350gsm, the inline spectro and colour quality suite.

One article I found lists release date for the normal one as April in Netherlands and the performance version in second quarter of the year.

Just reading this article that came out yesterday.

Xerox Versant 80 Press Overview | Digital Printing Hot Spot

Seems the Versant 80 will be the replacement for the c75 and then added performance pack will be the J75, giving it added rated speed of 80ppm up to 350gsm, the inline spectro and colour quality suite.

One article I found lists release date for the normal one as April in Netherlands and the performance version in second quarter of the year.

We were told the 80i (that is the name they gave us for the performance model) would be released end of May early June. Nothing set in stone, but thats the timetable they had.

With how the J75 has fared in productivity mode, I probably wouldn't be reaching for the 80i. We're going to keep throwing our J75 through the hoops and if it doesn't sing, I will escalate it to possibly getting it replaced.

With how the J75 has fared in productivity mode, I probably wouldn't be reaching for the 80i. We're going to keep throwing our J75 through the hoops and if it doesn't sing, I will escalate it to possibly getting it replaced.

Since our Versant 2100 runs at full speed while producing great looking work, and the Versant 80 has the same fuser, I would think that it would run just fine in productivity mode. The J75 has a much smaller fusing area.

Versant 80 Pricing

Versant 80 Pricing

Can anyone help me with pricing on a versant 80? I have an offer from Xerox and want to know if it is a good deal or if I will be overpaying. Please forgive me if I asked this question in the wrong forum. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction. Thank you.

It really depends on how it's configured...feeding, finishing, controller, productivity pack? What price were you quoted?

Can anyone help me with pricing on a versant 80? I have an offer from Xerox and want to know if it is a good deal or if I will be overpaying. Please forgive me if I asked this question in the wrong forum. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Base price is $1335/month for a 5 year lease for the following:
Versant 80 with Performance Package
Advanced High Cap Feeder
Standard Finisher
Xerox EX 80 Print Server
Interface Cooling Module

Color .042
Black .0099
Color LG .0033

That's a darn good price....for the equivalent of what used to known as the J75.

You got the 2 tray "OVERSIZED" high cap feeder? I recall reading there are some stock limitations with the 1 tray. I think you get 350 gsm capabilities on the 2 tray versus 300gsm with the 1 tray.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Base price is $1335/month for a 5 year lease for the following:
Versant 80 with Performance Package
Advanced High Cap Feeder
Standard Finisher
Xerox EX 80 Print Server
Interface Cooling Module

Color .042
Black .0099
Color LG .0033

That's a darn good price....for the equivalent of what used to known as the J75.

You got the 2 tray "OVERSIZED" high cap feeder? I recall reading there are some stock limitations with the 1 tray. I think you get 350 gsm capabilities on the 2 tray versus 300gsm with the 1 tray.

You have to use the high capacity tray for printing 350gsm and 300gsm I believe. You can only duplex up to 300gsm.

That quote was with the 2 tray oversized high caps. I believe the performance package will duplex up to 350 gsm. But you are correct in the 350/300 feeders.

You need the 2 tray in order for Xerox to stand behind 350gsm. Otherwise, the 1 tray version will only handle 300gsm. Either way, you can only duplex up to 300gsm.

You have to use the high capacity tray for printing 350gsm and 300gsm I believe. You can only duplex up to 300gsm.

Hi guys, just tried to add this to a deal we were getting in the uk, its replacing the J75 as you know, however Xerox are placing it cost wise a bit higher, the main concern here in the UK and possibly Europe, is that it will not be coming with the extended sheet option. We were told unofficially Xerox are trying to protect the larger sheet market in the UK with the more expensive boxes ie IGEN. If this is true then the market here is going to be dominated by Ricoh in the next couple of years at least, we have compared the outputs from the versant to the 7110 and there is nothing in it image wise.

Hi thebluesdude, Have they given you any indication of when the performance pack version will be available in the UK? I'm in Ireland and the Versant 80 just went up on the Irish Xerox site and my rep still has no figures or info for me yet.

Fuji Xerox is also tight lip on the extended sheet funtionality for the versant series outside of Japan region. I have heard of users using CGS to colour manage and then sending the print job natively to Versant 80. Not sure how that works. Anyone can shed any light on this?

In case anyone is bored later this video will be starting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLhjkdK-O0

My Ireland rep hasn't given me prices but is being told the Versant 80 will be in the same pricing bracket as the C75/J75 ranges. I presume he means prices when they first hit the market as apposed to now.

Last edited:
In case anyone is bored later this video will be starting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLhjkdK-O0

My Ireland rep hasn't given me prices but is being told the Versant 80 will be in the same pricing bracket as the C75/J75 ranges. I presume he means prices when they first hit the market as apposed to now.

In Canada, the Versant 80 was about 20K more then the J75, at least that is what was quoted to us by our sales rep. Our J75 has been a nightmare for a year, problems that cannot be fixed by Xerox. After many many months of fighting with Xerox we are finally getting it replaced with a Versant 2100 that has been heavily discounted. Originally we looked at the Versant 80, but not being able to duplex over 300gsm was a deal breaker for us as we are doing heavier stocks and printing one side and flipping is just a step backwards.

Well just had my rep in with official offer and he's matching the price I was given for the J75. Not a cent more, purchase price or click. Surprised at that for a launch product. Same spec as I had for the J75.

With performance package available for delivery start of June, delayed from mid May.

Glad I waited now, just need to organise finance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back